Jump to content
IGNORED

Pokemon Go - any current playas?


Boosted52405
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey there VGSers, any of yall still kicking the tires with Pokemon go?  I'm a pretty heavy player currently, just rolled over lvl34.

There are some fun events right now that lead up to fighting Giovanni the Rocket Go boss.  Finally got to him this morning and he's a PITA.  I might be too low level to take him down, but had his Articuno in the yellow so there is hope.

Any of you out there after him, or did you already smoke him?

Fun times, but burning through so many revives ugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, Boosted52405 said:

Hey there VGSers, any of yall still kicking the tires with Pokemon go?  I'm a pretty heavy player currently, just rolled over lvl34.

There are some fun events right now that lead up to fighting Giovanni the Rocket Go boss.  Finally got to him this morning and he's a PITA.  I might be too low level to take him down, but had his Articuno in the yellow so there is hope.

Any of you out there after him, or did you already smoke him?

Fun times, but burning through so many revives ugh.

I only started playing this year. I'm sitting at LVL 31 now. My work is a dead zone, so I'm not too far along in the go rocket quests. Looking forward to getting there though! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TriHart said:

I only started playing this year. I'm sitting at LVL 31 now. My work is a dead zone, so I'm not too far along in the go rocket quests. Looking forward to getting there though! 

Nice!  Wanna be PoGo friends?  6907 6096 9577

Level 34 here, takes forever to level up!  I was able to finally take down Giovanni, it seems he is harder/easier depending on which instance you find.  I barely won though.

Heads up, and I might be wrong, but I think the Go Rocket quest line will be resent every 1st of the month.  So...if you complete the questions, as I understand you can start them over on 12/1 if you'd like.

At least they added more revives to pokestops 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boosted52405 said:

Nice!  Wanna be PoGo friends?  6907 6096 9577

Level 34 here, takes forever to level up!  I was able to finally take down Giovanni, it seems he is harder/easier depending on which instance you find.  I barely won though.

Heads up, and I might be wrong, but I think the Go Rocket quest line will be resent every 1st of the month.  So...if you complete the questions, as I understand you can start them over on 12/1 if you'd like.

At least they added more revives to pokestops 🙂

Added!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never skipped on it since it came out, but I'm also not crazy involved in it either.  I prefer to do my own thing, so if I didn't need free coin to get incubators and a few other specifics I wouldn't bother with the gyms, and having no locals I know I can't do the trainer battles which excludes me annoyingly from some of the daily spin rewards too, and I can't trade either which has screwed up those side quests.  Also raids are an issue beyond lv3 because I don't have people I know to do things with.  I've not been one to coin on it so I'm not even lv40 despite keeping an active day one account.

It makes me wonder if some here relaxed on it and joined another like I did with Dragalia Lost.  IT would be interesting to get our own clan/alliance going on there through the site here to do the higher tier battles.  The game despite having a gatcha mechanic is not coin hungry, and it's overly giving/loving on the 5 star awesome stuff and handing out the free pulls to attempt that so any money in that one to the current end game of things is entirely an optional reward/thanks to the game makers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play everyday but most of the time it's just too catch a Pokemon or two. I wish there were more pokestop around my job and house so I could participate more in the team rocket events.

I'd like to have keep fiends in the game. Right now I only have 15 and about 4 that send me gifts. 2 of those I'm best friends with so I'd like to keep the good times rollin.

Here's my friend code: 0578 1445 1124

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, Tanooki said:

I've never skipped on it since it came out, but I'm also not crazy involved in it either.  I prefer to do my own thing, so if I didn't need free coin to get incubators and a few other specifics I wouldn't bother with the gyms, and having no locals I know I can't do the trainer battles which excludes me annoyingly from some of the daily spin rewards too, and I can't trade either which has screwed up those side quests.  Also raids are an issue beyond lv3 because I don't have people I know to do things with.  I've not been one to coin on it so I'm not even lv40 despite keeping an active day one account.

It makes me wonder if some here relaxed on it and joined another like I did with Dragalia Lost.  IT would be interesting to get our own clan/alliance going on there through the site here to do the higher tier battles.  The game despite having a gatcha mechanic is not coin hungry, and it's overly giving/loving on the 5 star awesome stuff and handing out the free pulls to attempt that so any money in that one to the current end game of things is entirely an optional reward/thanks to the game makers.

Have you looked for any Discord or Facebook Pogo groups in your area by chance?  I found a local Discord group and boom was off to the races, I can raid about effortlessly and frequent enough to get EX raid invites often.  Before then my experience was largely the same and even now am only able to solo select 3* raids.  Mine has channels for everything - events, raid tiers, areas of town, PVP, rare spottings, trading, etc.

I also created an account for my kiddo on a cheapo device, this helps with the trades/trainer battles too if that is ever an option of interest.  At least with an Android phone, one can tether the network to another device in just a few seconds with full controls.  We both already have Terakkion, just happened to find one of his new raids on the way to Walmart last night 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Have you looked for any Discord or Facebook Pogo groups in your area by chance?  I found a local Discord group and boom was off to the races, I can raid about effortlessly and frequent enough to get EX raid invites often.  Before then my experience was largely the same and even now am only able to solo select 3* raids.  Mine has channels for everything - events, raid tiers, areas of town, PVP, rare spottings, trading, etc.

I also created an account for my kiddo on a cheapo device, this helps with the trades/trainer battles too if that is ever an option of interest.  At least with an Android phone, one can tether the network to another device in just a few seconds with full controls.  We both already have Terakkion, just happened to find one of his new raids on the way to Walmart last night 🙂

I moved from a very active discord pogo server to one where people only use Facebook messenger and will wait for no one ever. It's a very uninviting group that is really immature. It's a shame bc I was always down to raid and set lures in my old community and now I can't but a raid. The last legendary raid I did was Rayquaza almost 2 years ago. I just accepted the fact after that that where I'm at now is just going to be a different style. I've been level 39 for over 2 years and I'm still 1M exp away from 40. Without legendary raids and lucky eggs, it seems like an impossible task.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have and use discord and have for quite a few years since Kevin took tossed around invites when the classic gaming one was opened up, then added others like gameboy, virtual boy, a few others I dropped and now VGS.  I've never seen notes about a pokemon go one for my area but I guess that would help.

I think I've noticed when you hit 4/5 hearts with just random friend request peoples you can open the opportunity to setup trades and trainer battles so that may solve the problem of the storyline rewards stuff they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

You know I was thinking if the friend thing worked out well enough here, and people could get on live chat, it would resolve some fairly asinine requirements of the game with their quest system.  You know the stuff like -- fight a (real) trainer, or trade with a person.  You need to be local or at 3/4 stars filled before you have such rights.  It really is a kick in the teeth in not finishing like around 3 of the outstanding quests since they were added some time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ahoy! I haven't been playing as much lately but I still keep up nearly daily

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

So I discovered something just a few days ago, a guaranteed way to get lucky pokemon;

If you trade with a friend and at least one person trades a Pokemon caught July or August 2016 (basically the games original release) and you have less then 10 lucky pokemon already, the traded mon are are 100% gauranteed to be lucky!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Ahoy! I haven't been playing as much lately but I still keep up nearly daily

  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.pngspacer.png

So I discovered something just a few days ago, a guaranteed way to get lucky pokemon;

If you trade with a friend and at least one person trades a Pokemon caught July or August 2016 (basically the games original release) and you have less then 10 lucky pokemon already, the traded mon are are 100% gauranteed to be lucky!

Added!  (dope you can put your QR code on the PC lol)

As for the lucky friends, yep I've used that feature trading with my son's account and it does work!  Just pick your pokemon wisely 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Boosted52405 said:

Added!  (dope you can put your QR code on the PC lol)

As for the lucky friends, yep I've used that feature trading with my son's account and it does work!  Just pick your pokemon wisely 🙂

The amazing power of Screencap feature lol

Reposting this here as it is relevant to Pokemon Go. Keep this in mind y'all if/when you are still playing

Quote

The single best way to grind exp in POGO is too reach Best Friend rank with as many people on your friends list as possible. The exp received from ranking up with friends is boosted by lucky eggs, meaning Ultra Friend's 50k is boosted to 100k and Best Friend's 100k is boosted to 200k. I personally combine it with doing all my evolving while the Lucky Egg is active, which I average about ~20k more.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...