IGNORED

Anyone Interested in Star Wars?

darkchylde28

For the last several months, I've been slowly putting together ideas for a Star Wars roleplaying campaign and figured the time had come to put out a public call to see if anybody on here might be interested in playing.  My thoughts on playing would be in the late afternoon or evening once every week or two, with no specific days/times/etc. in mind, and open to change based on my availability and what the group needs/wants.  It will be using the West End Games D6 Star Wars system which is far less complicated and rule/dice intensive compared to the systems that have come after it, although it's not always the most known anymore.  While it's been a while since I've run a game, I've been playing this system for probably 30 years at this point, with my longest on-again/off-again campaign lasting around a decade.

If you don't have books (which I imagine most, if not all, wouldn't), don't worry, I'll be able to assist anyone there.  I also have books from every version of the game that's come out specifically to pull background from, so if you're interested but afraid I won't include or address something from another system, just let me know, as there's a good chance I've got the data (and conversion) for it.  I've also been looking into both professional as well as do-it-yourself virtual tabletop (VTT) setups, as well as having picked up some software to make professional looking maps and handouts, so it won't just be everybody talking over one another via voice chat.

Please reach out if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc., as I'd much rather speak to someone and assuage or work out any issues (perceived or real) prior to beginning versus miss out on a potential player.  Should someone be interested but not necessarily be able to commit to as regular a schedule as planned, again, please reach out to me, as it's most likely workable with some sort of drop-in, drop-out type of character.

Feel free to reach out here in this thread or PM me directly.  I look forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looking to form a little group.

Here is a link to digitized versions of a lot of the various rule and source books, should anyone want to give them a look.  The campaign will be running under West End Games' 2nd edition rules, so the blue rulebook would be the primary one used, but the "Second Edition: Revised and Expanded" book (starfield background) could also be referenced.  Books under the "Galaxy Guides" and "Sourcebooks" categories would also be decent reads to get a feel for everything.  Much like with any RPG, the system is incredibly simple once you understand it, but the core rulebook does a great job of spelling out all the rules and providing multiple examples to help understand everything.

Again, if anyone has any questions, comments, etc., please feel free to respond here, hit me up via PM, reach out via the VGS Discord, etc.  Thanks!