IGNORED

PayPal Friends & Family Payments

Clutchcards

28 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've been charged for F&F payments for an long as I can remember. I legit have always just known to mentally tack $2.5-5 onto any payment I send for the convenience. 

Are you usually sending them across the border, though?  That's one of the stipulations they've always had, regardless of how you were sending money.  I noticed yours was translating from CAD sent to USD received, so that could be your excuse for getting hit.

10 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@darkchylde28 if you transfer the money “immediately” into your bank account PayPal fees you. If you go 1-3 days it’s free.

Yeah, I discovered that a month or two back.  I don't recall it always having been that way, but to be honest, before the last time, it had been a bunch of years since I'd transferred anything back, so it's likely I just missed it due to not using it.

• Like 1

I always find it funny when people try and justify avoiding Goods And Services Payment:

"You want me to pay $4 to use a service that a company has spent hundreds of millions of dollars building over the last 25 years for the convenience of instant payment, saving me the hassle and also providing me security with my purchase? I don't think so!"

I create software for a living, I find it incredibly bizarre someone else doesn't want to pay for something they have no ability to create themselves but feel entitled to be able to use it. Would you like me to fly my private jet out to pick up your package for you too?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:58 AM, docile tapeworm said:

“Push” I feel personally attacked.
I won’t be using g&s payments since Uncle Sam is sticking his nose into my hobby selling.

@darkchylde28 I’ve actually thought about going back to requesting money order payment here. I hear so much flak for requesting f&f here I’m ready to throw in the towel on PayPal. 

To be fair anyone that’s been here any amount of time pretty much trust I’m good for it. Ive made $$$$ sales f&f here. 

I do understand not wanting to pay f&f. Shits scary. I just don’t understand why people get so bent. If you scared just move on, your moneys no good here 😂

I feel the same way, and I extend it to a few other forums as well. Some of my best trades / sales / finds were under situations with some amount of potential risk, but we had great amounts of trust.

At the end of the day, there are asshats everywhere in the world such as @Hounder , who steal from others after being part of the community; that being said, if someone is involved in the community for a long time, I see little risk, most people are honest to begin with, and on top of that, if you're going to scam and tarnish your rep, go big.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I feel the same way, and I extend it to a few other forums as well. Some of my best trades / sales / finds were under situations with some amount of potential risk, but we had great amounts of trust.

At the end of the day, there are asshats everywhere in the world such as @Hounder , who steal from others after being part of the community; that being said, if someone is involved in the community for a long time, I see little risk, most people are honest to begin with, and on top of that, if you're going to scam and tarnish your rep, go big.

Unfortunately no matter how well known someone is in the community, they can still turn out to be a dick.

I had a lengthy back and forth 10 years ago with Brenda Huff, ex-owner of Wisdom Tree and she sent me an order form to purchase some leftover stock from the company. She had unfolded NES boxes, manuals, cartridge labels, videos and even original source code for the games. I bought all of it but she only accepted money order. Everyone knows whom Brenda Huff is so I got a $350 USD money order, mailed it to her, she cashed it and I never heard frm her again. She ghosted me in every email and shortly after that she sold the company to someone else.