IGNORED

House of the Dead 2 gun - Broken trigger

Tyree_Cooper

Has anyone opened the gun before? Just got one in very good condition, but the trigger has no return. It just stays triggered and you have to pull it back up manually. What a shame.

If it's just a broken spring I can try to fix it, but I don't want this to waste too much time looking for the correct spring. I might just sell it for parts/not working, since it's in really beautiful condition with the box and game.

for those who might have the same issue:

the problem is that plastic expands over time, so you just need to sandpaper the hole of the trigger part to make it slightly larger, then add some grease or wd40 and place it back. the spring was new but pretty weak, so the trigger being way too tight on its holding location made it impossible for the spring to push the trigger back.

works like wonder now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

the problem is that plastic expands over time, so you just need to sandpaper the hole of the trigger part to make it slightly larger, then add some grease or wd40 and place it back. the spring was new but pretty weak, so the trigger being way too tight on its holding location made it impossible for the spring to push the trigger back.

works like wonder now.

Most plastics don't expand over time, so it sounds like either whatever type the trigger (or gun + trigger) is made of suffers from that unique condition, or it got exposed to something (heat, a chemical, etc.) that caused that to happen.  Since it's plastic, some sort of lithium grease would be recommended, as WD-40 isn't a lubricant (even if it can act that way in some situations) and won't hold up for long as such.  Regardless, glad to hear that you uncovered the culprit and were able to solve the problem.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah I'm trying to locate some proper grease, though I think this unit will be fine without additional lubricant now.

I can't believe it's that hard by design, and since it looks brand new both outside and inside, I thought something must have expanded. Even if the spring had been much harder, the trigger was just so hard to move...

Maybe it was really a bad unit from the factory and the previous owner never used it...

Social Team · Posted
On 2/2/2023 at 3:35 AM, Tyree_Cooper said:

works like wonder now.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-10533-Lithium-Grease/dp/B004X70LZA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2930XN3TWLRBC&keywords=white%2Blithium%2Bgrease&qid=1675475309&sprefix=white%2Blit%2Caps%2C113&sr=8-2&th=1

One tub of this stuff will last you a lifetime and works on pretty much any material.  WD40 is meant to be used as a cleaner for the most part.  Using petroleum based products on plastics is generally a bad idea.

• 2 weeks later...