IGNORED

You can now run and jump as The Sage!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

We've added a fun little feature to the home page of the site (and this thread!?!?) to add a bit of... well fun, really. Just a little run and jumpy Sage you can control with your keyboard (Up to jump, Left and Right to move). Thanks as ever to the talented @CasualCart for his work on the sprites!

Like I say, just some fun. We have fun here.

• Like 8
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 3

VGS STAGE 1-1                         [===]                                                                    

|
                                                      |
                                                      |                                              _________
                                                      |                                         ___ |           |___
                                                      |                                        |     #          #     |
                                                      |                                        |                         |
_________________________________|_|_______________________ |_____###______|   Can you jump the flagpole... and the castle?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Alas, you don't. Please don't make me work any harder. T_T

Could you use it on mobile if you had a keyboard hooked up?  My android phone and tablet have the ability to plug up standard USB peripherals, so I could technically use a real keyboard.  Is it that this new functionality doesn't work on mobile, or it just won't work on mobile if you're trying to use the "fake" on-screen keyboards?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Could you use it on mobile if you had a keyboard hooked up?  My android phone and tablet have the ability to plug up standard USB peripherals, so I could technically use a real keyboard.  Is it that this new functionality doesn't work on mobile, or it just won't work on mobile if you're trying to use the "fake" on-screen keyboards?

I just don't show it on mobile. It's a fun little guy running and jumping. >_>

Administrator · Posted
49 minutes ago, RH said:

I just got to my PC and was able to check this out.  @Gloves, did you 100% right this script or did you borrow tools?  You mind sharing the js so I don't have to de-minify and de-obfuscate it, if it is?

I might have some fun with it adding "Features" which you can add if you  want or not.

It's all just vanilla JS that I wrote. If you search the html of the home page for "sage_jumpman_canvas" you should see the block of script which makes it happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I just got to my desktop komputer. This is fantastic.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:59 AM, FireHazard51 said:

OK I need a melee attack, range attack, charged attack, ducking, low crawl, powers up (tag team where other mascot comes in and does a full screen attack)  I feel like then we are on some good footing to start the official VGS game.

And that would be amazing.