IGNORED

NES Sales Promo Carts - Spyhunter and Sky Kid

dblickley

i recently received these items in a trade and they seem to be sales promo carts.  These are not rare titles or high demand but I am looking for a value.  I have someone interested and I do not want to low-ball myself or be unfair.

The dates of release are soon after the date on the cart...

Spyhunter Release Date = September 1987

SkyKid Release Date = September 1987

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Spy Hunter for me, that one would be something to own.  And odds are that could be a later beta copy.  Game came out September, and that date is July.  Sky Kid same date vs release date too, no surprise given the board, cart, stickers over the windows on the chips, and the printed label.

Hi,

According to Nintendo's NES release spreadsheet, Spy Hunter was submitted for final approval on July 14, 1987 and Sky Kid was submitted for final approval on July 3, 1987. I would guess that these are likely final builds. They're still nice collectables for anyone interested in that sort of stuff, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ndiddy said:

Hi,

According to Nintendo's NES release spreadsheet, Spy Hunter was submitted for final approval on July 14, 1987 and Sky Kid was submitted for final approval on July 3, 1987. I would guess that these are likely final builds. They're still nice collectables for anyone interested in that sort of stuff, though.

Is that spreadsheet available publically anywhere?

It was obtained in a data breach so I don't know what the policy is of linking it here. The filename you want to look for is "HNPdata_List.xlsx". Note that whoever did the data entry used two spaces for all the game titles, so for example if you want to search for Spy Hunter, you need to type "spy  hunter".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, MrWunderful said:

He could of got more, but looks like he took the lowball. Your quest to buy every single proto available in 1 year is coming to fruition!

He may have, but the market for final build protos is much smaller than if there were some bits still being worked on.  Maybe he could've got more, but he may have been waiting a while for the right person to come along.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

He may have, but the market for final build protos is much smaller than if there were some bits still being worked on.  Maybe he could've got more, but he may have been waiting a while for the right person to come along.

I agree, final build protos do indeed draw less interest. Prototypes have been kind of all over the place recently. I think $400 each is pretty fair, although with the right buyer you never know. I can't see them breaking $600 each personally even at open auction(then minus fees, etc.)

• Agree 2