IGNORED

Sega Genesis Challenge #1 - Sonic Spinball

nesmaster14

Hey folks, I thought it'd be cool to show some more Sega Genesis/Mega Drive gaming love here. 

An interesting blend of Pinball and Sonic, this week's Genesis Challenge is none other than Sonic Spinball! 

This game is also still unbeaten in the ongoing "Beat Every Genesis Game" thread.  Do you have what it takes?

sonicspinball1.png.279a0a96a77cf8c6dabbdfc1892b9f68.png   

You can play for top score, try for achievements (shown below), or both.

Submissions:

• Post your score or achievement with your VGS username in the image. 
    • For high scores, stop at Ball 1 and take your score picture.  It's easier to get a pic (high score screen is only shown briefly at end).
    • For achievements, take pic of relevant achievement (shown below). 

Challenge ends Sunday 1/15 at 11:59PM(EST)

Challenge Ended - VGS 0 | Sega Genesis 1

Bonus Achievements! (added to your ranking):

• "Speedrunner" - Be the first in the thread to play through the game.
  • "Spinball Adventurer" - Anyone who can finish the game.
  • "Cave Adventurer" - Collect all three Chaos Emeralds in Stage 1 Toxic Caves, Access Stage 2.
  • "Lava Adventurer" - Collect all three Chaos Emeralds in Stage 2 Lava Powerhouse, Access Stage 3.
  • "Machine Adventurer" - Collect all three Chaos Emeralds in Stage 3 The Machine, Access Stage 3.
  • "The Showdown" - Collect all three Chaos Emeralds in Stage 4 The Showdown
  • "Points Player" - Get 10,000,000 points.

There are 4 detailed stages, some bosses, and bonus areas.  Good luck and have fun!

Theshowdown.png

HIGH SCORES

• Username - Score | Stage | Achievements 
  • Username - Score | Stage | Achievements 
Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Sega Genesis Challenge #1 - Sonic Spinball

Weekend bump if anyone wants to fire up the Sega.  I've updated some of the achievements and might add a few more.   

I played for a bit last night and got to level 2.  I actually owned this game as a kid and don't think I ever made it past the first stage, haha. I can clear it pretty quickly now though.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with the game.  It has some challenge, but being only 4 levels I think it's doable. The level designs are pretty creative/clever and I'd say the game still has a lot of style and charm, perhaps worthy of a modern remake.  Cheers

I like this game a lot, had it since I was a kid, but don't think I've ever made it past level 2!

I remember watching my uncle play this and he beat it, not sure whether he used a cheat for extra lives or whether he was just that good, but it was an impressive performance either way!

I'm not sure if I'll have any time to play, but perhaps if there are future Mega Drive challenges I'll give em a go!

• Like 1