IGNORED

Hello Everyone - This is Me!

Hello Everyone - 

My name is Dave. Im 40 years old and been gaming since I was 8 years old (roughly). I have 5 kids of my own that are all into gaming - mostly the new and ridiculous stuff like Minecraft and Fortnite (for my older ones) but my younger ones love retro gaming. I collect for the following systems currently - 

NES

Neo GEO AES

Lately I have been taking down a lot of homebrews for the NES. Check out my wanted list in the buying/selling section. I am on eBay as dbarrett0928 and I was on Nintendoage for a while under the same name. I am also the admin of a couple groups on Facebook. Nintendo gamecube collectors and Neo Geo AES/MVS Collectors. Thanks in advance!

p.s. My favorite game of all time would have to be Tecmo Super Bowl (specifically the nes version - cant stand newer sports games!)

Dave

Edited by dbarrett0928
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Welcome! Sounds pretty damn close to my journey except I'm stopping at three kids and I bought a pool instead of Neo Geo games hahaha.

Any specific collecting goals for the near future?

Just to keep collecting CIB nes - official releases and homebrews. I may eventually move to snes and genesis. I have an analogue pocket too so I know there is a ton of good stuff on GBA and will look into GBC. Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 1/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, dbarrett0928 said:

p.s. My favorite game of all time would have to be Tecmo Super Bowl (specifically the nes version - cant stand newer sports games!)

Agreed!  Did you know there is a team that updates rooster pretty much every year and puts out the rom for people to play, https://tecmobowl.org/files/file/779-tecmo-super-bowl-2023-presented-by-tecmobowlorg/?  Last year I took the Bengals to the Super Bowl and won.  Super fun to the  play the old game but with all the moderns teams and players.  

Tecmo2023.jpg.583606619e2ff180241340497f

2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Agreed!  Did you know there is a team that updates rooster pretty much every year and puts out the rom for people to play, https://tecmobowl.org/files/file/779-tecmo-super-bowl-2023-presented-by-tecmobowlorg/?  Last year I took the Bengals to the Super Bowl and won.  Super fun to the  play the old game but with all the moderns teams and players.  

Tecmo2023.jpg.583606619e2ff180241340497f

yep im fully aware but I wanted the actual carts tecmobowlers put out - some rather rare. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, dbarrett0928 said:

Neo GEO AES

You, good sir, are a god among all Daves on this board.

So much that I am recommending that @fcgamer take a beer break.

Oh, and welcome to the boards. And if you ever decide to play Fortnite instead of responding to anything I say, that is normal. So until that time comes, have fun and be wary of the Hufflelumps and investors. 🙂

• Love 1