IGNORED

The Legend of Heroes: Tails Into Reverie PS4

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

So there was a lot of discussion about The Legend of Heroes series and I stumbled across this....

Spoiler

image.png.912f17332431dde8607aaf64927aec7a.png

Of course I'll be getting the game and do want to play it.  But my question for those who know the series is there an order of games I should play?  Or can I just jump right into these series RPGs without much concern.  Are the old games worth playing???  

I'm speaking entirely from knowledge built around lots of people who have played all or most of the games, as I have only played one of them to completion so far, but my information should be pretty solid 🙂

1. The *best* order to play them is the original Japanese release order. This means also playing the two freshly released "Crossbell Arc" (Zero and Azure) between the "Sky" and "Cold Steel" games, as they are new localizations of older games. 

BUT

2. Each arc/subseries is designed to work completely standalone, so you can start from Cold Steel 1 and play 2, 3, 4 in that order, but you should never skip a game in the same arc as it's a directly continued story. 

BUT

3. Playing some later arcs (ie. Cold Steel before Sky) will still drop several minor spoilers about earlier arcs. So if you care about that and want to play them all anyway, it's something to consider. 

AND

4. To answer your question - yes, the earlier games in the overall series is generally considered among the best in fact. Particularly the first two Sky games and the two Crossbell games (Azure/Zero). 

ALSO

5. I'm not too familiar with Reverie's reputation, but it's considered an ending to both the Crossbell and the Cold Steel arc, so it's probably not a good idea to play it before finishing both of those. 

Edited by Sumez
  • Thanks 1