IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

Just beat Alfred Chicken. This is definitely a new completion for me. At first I was very lukewarm about this game since it was really slow and almost progressed at a snails pace. Also, it's a bit unusual for a platformer in that you can't just jump on enemies, but instead have to do a dive attack. However, after getting used to the peculiarities of this game and figuring out how to progress I was having a bit of fun with it.

Unfortunately, this game is hmstrung by its few lives, one-hit deaths and of course no continues. So after several tries I was getting kinda sick of not just doing the same few levels over and over again, but also the puzzles. On top of that the music got really obnoxious after a while. So yeah, not a game I'm too keen on revisiting anytime soon even if it wasn't bad or anything.

Alfred Chicken.jpg

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 164/667 (bonus games - tba)

Totally Rad is totally done.

I also found a trick for beating the last mini boss right before the final boss in act 5. It's the alien with the spread shot gun. Usually this has always been the hardest part of the game for me so far. But his spread shot can't hit you if you're both on the same level and if you stand far enough away from him. You con't even have to duck but can just stand there and wait for his shots to miss. When he jumps towards you, you just walk under and away from him.

Now here's the real trick: you transform into the bird and just shoot him while you're at the other end of the screen. You have to only damage this boss by shooting his head and with other transformations you would have to jump up and go into harms way in order to hit him. However, the gun of the bird aims fairly high so that you can hit his head while just standing there and his shots barely missing you.

I just wanted to write this down before I forget it. Also, this is the most difficult and annoying boss in the game and neither NintendoComplete nor World of Longplays use this strategy. Maybe it comes in handy for anyone who wants to try this game in the future.

Totally Rad.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 181/667 (bonus games - tba)