IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 141/667 (bonus games - tba)
4 hours ago, fusoyaff2 said:

See this is why I don't jump in too early on this challenge anymore. Too many people snagging at the fast and easy games. I see someone already beat me to what used to be my yearly tradition of Castlevania 3 on New Years Day.

I tend not to play NES too often, and have only beaten a handful of games, as well as having a "smaller" library. I figured I would use this as a means to try and make better progress in the NES games I have and try to beat more of them. 

I appreciate your tradition, that sounds like an awesome new year's game. Is it fair to say you didn't get the chance to carry that one through this year? 

The difficulty ramps up outrageously in the Palamedes tournament. The first two opponents are slow and easy. The semi-final is a bit tough, and the final is brutal. It took me about 8-10 tries. I think I failed once on the semi-final, and in most of those other defeats I was swept away by the final opponent.

Also, Bonk's Adventure is done.

• Agree 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 153/667 (bonus games - tba)
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 158/667 (bonus games - tba)

Toki is done. I guess this game is so unremarkable that I even forgot that I had already beaten it in a previous year. I didn't even record this game in my personal beaten games list. But I remembered it as soon as I got to the 6th level and that annoying mine cart section. That's when I remembered how I had previously died more on those mine carts than in the previous levels combined. Luckily it wasn't that bad this time around and even the final boss went by pretty quickly.

Overall it's a decent Ghost 'N Goblins ripoff that is nowhere near as punishing and that makes for a short but decent playthrough. It just doesn't have enough that makes it really stand out from other games.

Toki.jpg

Toki_End.jpg