IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

Bubble Bobble completed, this is not my first time beating the final boss, but my first time getting the good ending. I have a lot of nostalgia for this one so it has a special place in my heart, but the controls are quite frustrating at times. Phone is currently busy, I'll post my SS later tonight probably.

20230308_193402.jpg

Edited by Khromak
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 498/667 (bonus games - 35/100)

Finished off Predator after a few days. 

The first couple of attempts were really annoying, because I forgot how slippery the controls are.  You day way more often from annoying sine wave flying enemies (medusa heads) and getting bumped off a platform with lots of momentum.  But I acclimated to it, and also had found a longer, but easier path.  Then I was really surprised I beat the predator at the end on my first try! 

EDIT: Also I gotta check online, after you beat him, theres a couple of beeps.  I wonder if that supposed to be the suicide timer the predator has, so if you defeat him and dont go out the door, you lose.  That would be really funny but also REALLY crummy.

Edited by guitarzombie

I'm still working on Faria. I got over the rough start and am at a good spot right now. I'm on level 14 and doing pretty well in fights. Meanwhile I got to the town of Tegza. So I guess I'm somewhat at the half-way point of the game. It's been quite fun so far, even if the game does nothing spectacularly well. But so far it's been a really solid playthrough. I hope that I can finish it until the end of the week.

Edited by Gaia Gensouki

Finished Batman: Return of the Joker.  If the controls in this game were much smoother, and you weren't so bulky, this game would be really easy.  Its always amusing to me when a developer makes a game, that actually doesn't have a lot of enemies and hazards, but because the physics are really awkward, thats where the challenge lies.  Infinite continues def helped here.

4 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Finished Batman: Return of the Joker.  If the controls in this game were much smoother, and you weren't so bulky, this game would be really easy.  Its always amusing to me when a developer makes a game, that actually doesn't have a lot of enemies and hazards, but because the physics are really awkward, thats where the challenge lies.  Infinite continues def helped here.

I agree with your assessment and regret to inform you I beat it Wednesday. Not a great game, most of the bosses were also just spam fests, hoping to kill it before it kills you. 

I'm working on lolo 3 right now, about halfway through. Should have it done this weekend, though the second half can get a lot harder so who knows how long it will take me. If I'm remembering the last level correctly it's a nightmare

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 501/667 (bonus games - 35/100)

I just noticed we hit the 500 game milestone last night! It only took 17 days for the last 50 games, which is great. This is usually around the point where it starts to slow down a bit, so hopefully we can keep going strong this year. Maybe the closer race for 1st place will help?

450 500 Days
2012 07-Jun 22-Jul 45
2013 02-May 10-Jul 69
2014 16-Feb 09-Mar 21
2015 21-Jan 31-Jan 10
2016 31-Jan 21-Feb 21
2017 07-Feb 10-Apr 62
2018 10-Mar 11-Jul 123
2019 19-May 20-Jul 62
2020 14-Feb 01-Mar 16
2021 19-Jan 29-Jan 10
2022 05-Mar 15-Apr 41
2023 20-Feb 09-Mar 17

Our next goal...

500 550 Days
2012 22-Jul 16-Aug 25
2013 10-Jul 08-Nov 121
2014 09-Mar 07-Jun 90
2015 31-Jan 10-Feb 10
2016 21-Feb 21-Apr 60
2017 10-Apr 02-Sep 145
2018 11-Jul 13-Nov 125
2019 20-Jul 21-Oct 93
2020 01-Mar 31-Mar 30
2021 29-Jan 07-Feb 9
2022 15-Apr 23-Oct 191
2023 09-Mar    

asdf

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Khromak said:

I agree with your assessment and regret to inform you I beat it Wednesday. Not a great game, most of the bosses were also just spam fests, hoping to kill it before it kills you. 

I'm working on lolo 3 right now, about halfway through. Should have it done this weekend, though the second half can get a lot harder so who knows how long it will take me. If I'm remembering the last level correctly it's a nightmare

ha!  I missed that.  I just put a text file of all the games I would be willing to play and haven't checked.  Ive beaten it in the past so its nothing crazy.  The most annoying stage is the 2nd to last one (6), where if you lose your weapon, you cant get it back, and your forced to fight Joker with your crummy default weapon while he has a ton of health.  I'm convinced Sunsoft with this game and Festers Quest we're trying to force you to buy a turbo controller.

I got to the final four phases of Wrecking Crew last night, so it should be done today. I'm kind of in the mood for a good action-rpg. Has anyone started Willow or Magic of Scheherazade? Or is anyone burning to do either of them for a first-time clear? I'd like to start one of these maybe early next week, so speak up. 

3 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Has anyone started Willow or Magic of Scheherazade? Or is anyone burning to do either of them for a first-time clear? I'd like to start one of these maybe early next week, so speak up.

I haven't played either of those games. But I would probably rather give Battle of Olympus a try after I'm done with Faria. I've just gotten to the sky world, so it shouldn't take too long.

Bible Adventures is done.

Has anyone started the Tecmo Super Bowl challenge? I'm thinking it'd be a nice one for me to pick up and try to play a game here or there when I have only a spare half-hour or so to work with.

I've also started another year of NES Play Action Football, since no one else seems especially eager to spend 7 hours of their lives on it.

Edited by nerdynebraskan

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 504/667 (bonus games - 37/100)