IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 81/667 (bonus games - tba)
7 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Super Mario Bros 3 is done.

@scaryiceIs this 10 years in a row for me taking down SMB3? I don't understand why no one else seems to be eager to play this on New Year's Day.

Probably cuz it's a longer game than some of the other 5 minute ones. And a lot of the world 8 stages are not the most fun if you just warp.

Looks like it's been 9/10 years for you. Seppatoni beat it in 2017.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

@scaryiceIs this 10 years in a row for me taking down SMB3? I don't understand why no one else seems to be eager to play this on New Year's Day.

Also, heading into this year, the only game you've beaten for 10 straight years is Operation Wolf. The only game with a longer streak is me and Amagon.

Edited by scaryice
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 90/667 (bonus games - tba)

Out of the 113 games that went unbeaten in 2022, 87 had also gone unbeaten in a previous year. That means 26 games went uncleared for the first time:

Alpha Mission, Athena, Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure, Bo Jackson Baseball, California Games, Castle of Dragon, Chubby Cherub, Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum, Dragon's Lair, Gemfire, Genghis Khan, Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour, Kiwi Kraze, Legend of Kage, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Section Z, Shooting Range, Star Soldier, Starship Hector, Strider, Tecmo Baseball, Tom & Jerry, Uncharted Waters, Wizardry: Knight of Diamonds, World Class Track Meet, Xevious

Overall, 416/662 games have still been beaten in all 11 years (2012-22), or 62.84%. The lowest ranked game to be beaten every year is Ren & Stimpy Buckaroos, a 9 pointer at 587th overall. The next lowest in order are: Wall Street Kid, James Bond Jr, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego, NES Play Action Football, Prince of Persia, and 3D Worldrunner.

Balloon Fight is done. I've also learned something new: When you collect all of the balloons at the beginning of the balloon trip mode without missing a single one, you get 10,000 bonus points and all other balloons turn orange. They then award you with 500 points each instead of 300. Never had this before. I wonder if they can change colors multiple times. Pictures in spoiler.

Spoiler

292280567_BalloonFight.jpg.e8072223f5a61097998872a06f61a3bc.jpg

232615726_BalloonFightEndless.jpg.4fc3a579b5b2c89416e196adfedeae31.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 102/667 (bonus games - tba)