IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, Splain said:

Instead of sleeping, I finished Ms Pac Man Maze Madness and got started on Mario Party. I found a Youtube playthrough of Virtual Pool 64 that showed credits after a tournament, but then when I did it myself, copying all the settings/options, I got no credit roll. I also found other playthroughs that also didn't show credits. The manual doesn't say anything about it. So I dunno. I'm marking it complete.

jpN5vJU.png

jeez, 2 playthroghs of some pac man game, yuck......lol doing goldeneye, but it's bedtime and DND planning tomorrow.  should be able to finish it and 1 mission from starcraft!!!  but if not, just goldeneye!  it's one of, if not the best 64 game ever!!!!

clicky clicky!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

jeez, 2 playthroghs of some pac man game, yuck......lol doing goldeneye, but it's bedtime and DND planning tomorrow.  should be able to finish it and 1 mission from starcraft!!!  but if not, just goldeneye!  it's one of, if not the best 64 game ever!!!!

clicky clicky!!!!!!

Ms Pacman Maze Madness was actually pretty fun. Was way more enjoyable then I expected when I went to play through it.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Yeah, Ms Pac Man really isn't a bad game. There are some eye-rolling "gotchas" in the level design, but it's not terrible. It's also definitely got some super blocky N64 polygon graphics, but the GBA version is (I think) the exact same game but with simpler graphics as an overhead tile game.

Mario Party is done.

JH2eiqk.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/11/2023 at 11:20 PM, Jeevan said:

who's to say i haven't had trauma during this attempt at SC64.  I have had multiple restarts of missions 😆.  But thanks for the support!  You wanna complete a game of your choice to help out?  😆.  Sorry, its a reflex asking for help 😉  Overall this game really isn't bad, it comes down to the fact that the controls really just suck lol

I would love to help but for the next 8 months and 10 days I am hoping to finally attend Tokyo Game Show. And I am afraid that playing any N64 games will strain my thumbs before I go there. 😅

• Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
32 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Battle for Naboo is done. Really fun game. I always forget how great N64 games with the enhancement pak look.

If it’s still available in a month or two I’ll try and finally finish Rogue Squadron.

F41876A8-1114-4DDB-84F0-7453F623FD08.jpeg.0a86088876d8dcd051df70fd4af0483d.jpeg

How would you say this compares to Rogue Squadron? I rented Battle for Naboo as a kid once but don't remember much about it.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

How would you say this compares to Rogue Squadron? I rented Battle for Naboo as a kid once but don't remember much about it.

I’ve only made it half way through rogue squadron so I probably can’t give a complete comparison.

Graphics and sound wise Battle for Naboo absolutely blows Rogue Squadron out of the water.

Story wise I wasn’t really too invested in it compared to Rogue Squadron. It has some cool moments but Rogue Squadron is better.

Missions, I think they are about the same. Rogue Squadron has a few annoying missions for me but Battle for Naboo I never got frustrated. Both games have a lot of fun missions though.

Vehicles. I feel Rogue Squadron is better. There are a few good vehicles but I like the vehicles from the original trilogy more.

Controls. I feel like Battle for Naboo handles better and is way more zippy than Rogue Squadron. Could just be me though.

In summary. I highly recommend playing it. Jeevan recommended I play it last year but I didn’t have time. I’m glad I made time for it this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

I’ve only made it half way through rogue squadron so I probably can’t give a complete comparison.

Graphics and sound wise Battle for Naboo absolutely blows Rogue Squadron out of the water.

Story wise I wasn’t really too invested in it compared to Rogue Squadron. It has some cool moments but Rogue Squadron is better.

Missions, I think they are about the same. Rogue Squadron has a few annoying missions for me but Battle for Naboo I never got frustrated. Both games have a lot of fun missions though.

Vehicles. I feel Rogue Squadron is better. There are a few good vehicles but I like the vehicles from the original trilogy more.

Controls. I feel like Battle for Naboo handles better and is way more zippy than Rogue Squadron. Could just be me though.

In summary. I highly recommend playing it. Jeevan recommended I play it last year but I didn’t have time. I’m glad I made time for it this year.

It is good, i like rogue squadron better of course.  Pretty much summed it up, the story is better in rogue squadron 100%.

5 hours ago, Brickman said:

This was the first game I ever paid full price for (age 11, Electronics Boutique, paid $50 maybe?). I thought it was awesome until I got stuck on maybe the 5th stage and never played it again. I should really try this sometime soon.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 77/303
Events Helper · Posted

I'm gonna call forsaken 64 kuz i wanna play it!  I will get started on it within the next week.  I think I will finish goldeneye today along with wcw mayhem and backstage and stick to starcraft mixing in between.  Tryna get some games knocked out to pump our overall total numbers!

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I'm gonna call forsaken 64 kuz i wanna play it!  I will get started on it within the next week.  I think I will finish goldeneye today along with wcw mayhem and backstage and stick to starcraft mixing in between.  Tryna get some games knocked out to pump our overall total numbers!

I used to LOVE Forsaken. The music is amazing, but the gameplay can admittedly be a bit confusing with the whole 360 degrees of motion flying around in a samey looking maze for every level thing. 

Once you get the hang of it and can move around quickly without throwing up, it's a good time! 

Events Helper · Posted
17 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I used to LOVE Forsaken. The music is amazing, but the gameplay can admittedly be a bit confusing with the whole 360 degrees of motion flying around in a samey looking maze for every level thing. 

Once you get the hang of it and can move around quickly without throwing up, it's a good time! 

ya you mentioned mostion sickness a year or two ago.

13 hours ago, Philosoraptor said:

OK. I'm back. It looks like no one has claimed or beaten Snowboard Kids 1, so I'll call that one and start it up tomorrow. 

Nevermind. This game plays like you're guiding a brick disguised as a kid down a mountain. It's not for me. I'm going to take a mental break and maybe come back later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

Nevermind. This game plays like you're guiding a brick disguised as a kid down a mountain. It's not for me. I'm going to take a mental break and maybe come back later today or tomorrow.

This is why I’ve never tried to beat it. Played it for 10mins, didn’t understand all the hype and turned it off.

If you’re looking for a good racer I recommend Diddy Kong Racing if you haven’t beat that one. The true kart racer on the N64 and waaaaay better than MK64 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1