IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

Really good start. Best I’ve seen it I think, at least on here. I never did the NA one.

vMn8N1.gif

Later either tomorrow or the day after I'm gonna start Ogre Battle and... well, for one, see what type of game it even is, as I honestly don't know. If I go ahead with it, I'll probably be working on that one for awhile, as I do know it's very long.

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

vMn8N1.gif

Later either tomorrow or the day after I'm gonna start Ogre Battle and... well, for one, see what type of game it even is, as I honestly don't know. If I go ahead with it, I'll probably be working on that one for awhile, as I do know it's very long.

good luck 😏.....wait i have to actually play it eventually 😩 😒

30 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

vMn8N1.gif

It’s a tactical RPG. I haven’t played the N64 game but have played Tactics Ogre on the PSP and enjoyed it.

If it’s similar to Tactics Ogre you’re looking at roughly 40-45hours, so hopefully you like those types of games haha.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

It’s a tactical RPG. I haven’t played the N64 game but have played Tactics Ogre on the PSP and enjoyed it.

If it’s similar to Tactics Ogre you’re looking at roughly 40-45hours, so hopefully you like those types of games haha.

The thing I didn't like about it was the fact that you don't control your guys during battle, you choose a strat. and they do all the battling.......it's the worst imo of a tactical rpg

10 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I do not, but then again I also don't really like RTS games so I suppose it's only fair

image.png.029237edd9c501262c4aedce895297b1.png

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
49 minutes ago, Brickman said:

It's nothing like that.

Everyone's gonna riot when Jeevor has Ogre Battle in the bottom half of the library.  Especially me ☠️

• Haha 1

2 missions left in Command & Conquer and hoping to finish tomorrow. This will be the third consecutive year beating this game. I'd rather be playing it on PC, but I absolutely love it. I tried starcraft and ogre battle in the past and definitely don't have the same appreciation for those. Hats off to Jeevan and Zeldafan...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
21 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

2 missions left in Command & Conquer and hoping to finish tomorrow. This will be the third consecutive year beating this game. I'd rather be playing it on PC, but I absolutely love it. I tried starcraft and ogre battle in the past and definitely don't have the same appreciation for those. Hats off to Jeevan and Zeldafan...

command and conquer is great on pc, i remember owning it on 64 as a kid, it was good, but as with starcraft, definitely better with mouse and keyboard!

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

its a bit of a slog, but not too bad 🙂.

It wasn't too bad, I just really disliked the chase sections.

The controls aren't great and for some reason they gave Scooby-Doo collision and he regularly got in the way making the chases very frustrating.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Great work guys!!

I beat the CPU in Virtual Chess 64 as black.

scsUvl1.png

I've also started into Ms. Pacman: Maze Madness, which is another slog. It's not hard or anything, but you can't let your eyes glaze over or else you'll miss a collectible in a section that you can't return to, and then you have to repeat the whole level.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 65/303

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Despite playing the PlayStation version to death back in the day, this was my first time playing the N64 version of this game. I'd rather play the PS version. The controls in this version don't feel nearly as tight (as I remember...) and the music is butchered in comparison (missing most of my favourite tracks). Still a good game, but not the best version of it - especially now with the modern THPS 1+2 remakes.

GLideN64_THPS2_001.png

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted

Shamelessly took Mario Kart. #sorrynotsorry

r0wzErl.jpg

This was a Japanese copy that I got from @OptOut. It plays the same, but some of the tracks are named differently, and I heard a lot of sound clips that came straight from Mario Party that I had never heard before in Yankee Mario Kart. You can play Japanese games on a US system if you take the cartridge apart, but I happen to have a Japanese N64, and I can't remember why or where it came from.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 69/303
Events Team · Posted

Not actually playing it tonight, just wanted to go ahead and at least see what the game was actually like before properly hopping in tomorrow.

I'm thinking after this I may actually play DOOM 64, been wanting to play that for awhile now and this seems like as good of an excuse as any to play it, so I'll go ahead and claim that game as a little reward for myself for after I beat Ogre Battle if that's alright with y'all. I'll be playing the Steam version once I get to it since if memory serves I got it as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal