IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Events Helper · Posted

On a side note, does anyone know exactly how many missions in total are in Starcraft 64?  I can't find any actual source.  Like one says there are new missions designed for the 64, the OG starcraft has like 58 or so, and it is said that it is a direct port to the 64 from the original.  I have 19 missions down, so i am approx. 1/3 of the way through it.  Looking to knock one more out tonight maybe.  

Just wondered as I can't find a 100% good source.

Banjo-Kazooie. I have fond memories of playing this the summer it was released and it's still a great game today. It's been a few years since I last played it, but I think this is the quickest playthrough I've had, despite a few deaths in Rusty Bucket Bay (I hate that engine room) and a few more on the final boss.

IMG_2515.jpg

• Like 5

Editorials Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

Banjo-Kazooie. I have fond memories of playing this the summer it was released and it's still a great game today. It's been a few years since I last played it, but I think this is the quickest playthrough I've had, despite a few deaths in Rusty Bucket Bay (I hate that engine room) and a few more on the final boss.

That engine room. 😩

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 55/303
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

dude, look up a replacement at kitsch bent.  @drxandy hooked me up on that website, if u can't get any, let me know I'll ship u one controllers worth of replacement parts

That reminds me - I bought 5-6 sets last year and still haven't installed them. I may need to do that next week. They were very cheap...I think it cost more for shipping than my entire order...

Edited by Nugfish
Auto-correct
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Nugfish said:

That reminds me - I bought 5-6 sets last year and still haven't installed them. I may need to do that next week. They were very. Cheap...I think it cost more for shipping than my entire order...

ya, im being lazy, i have enough to do all my controllers, never done it before, a little worried to try and just lazy 😆  I bought a brawler to tide me over, but i kinda wanna rebuild at least one soon so i can play with OG controller, which i like more.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

On a side note, does anyone know exactly how many missions in total are in Starcraft 64?  I can't find any actual source.  Like one says there are new missions designed for the 64, the OG starcraft has like 58 or so, and it is said that it is a direct port to the 64 from the original.  I have 19 missions down, so i am approx. 1/3 of the way through it.  Looking to knock one more out tonight maybe.  

Just wondered as I can't find a 100% good source.

I have never finished StarCraft 64 but from memory I think I read there were roughly 60 missions. All the missions from the PC version plus a few just for the 64. Very good work to already make it that far in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Brickman said:

I have never finished StarCraft 64 but from memory I think I read there were roughly 60 missions. All the missions from the PC version plus a few just for the 64. Very good work to already make it that far in the game.

thanks, i wasn't sure, i was gonna say roughly 60.

I’ve been playing a bit of 007 World is not enough today because I needed a bit of a break for Space Station. I should have it finished by tomorrow or Monday but I might as well claim it just in case something comes up.

I’ve never played it before. It is so bad but like so bad it’s actually becoming good haha.

The story is atrocious and the missions are so uninspired but for some reason I can’t stop playing it haha. Graphics are amazing though for a N64 game.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

e14dcba51aea5dd734e279e4ab1590ae.jpg

Beetle Adventure Racing! done. You unlock a metallic rainbow beetle with maxed out stats for completing the professional championship which is honestly pretty sick, haha. Quick 1-2 day break then it's on to the next game. I'll most likely either pick another racing game out of a hat, or... sigh start Ogre Battle if nobody else claims it in the meantime, as much as I dread it, haha.

Like I said, not looking to rush through these things blazingly quick, just gonna take things slow and steady so I don't get burned out. Still aiming for at least 30 games minimum for this year though (hopefully more.) 1/30!

• Like 8

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I’ve been playing a bit of 007 World is not enough today because I needed a bit of a break for Space Station. I should have it finished by tomorrow or Monday but I might as well claim it just in case something comes up.

I’ve never played it before. It is so bad but like so bad it’s actually becoming good haha.

The story is atrocious and the missions are so uninspired but for some reason I can’t stop playing it haha. Graphics are amazing though for a N64 game.

I've never even seen the movie (nor played the game) but The World Is Not Enough has always had my personal favorite Bond theme of them all

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I've never even seen the movie (nor played the game) but The World Is Not Enough has always had my personal favorite Bond theme of them all

Yeah Garbage are a great band so they definitely did justice to a bond song. I’ve never seen the movie either but if the game is taking inspiration from the movie it seems like a pretty bad story haha.

The music and graphics in this game are top notch though and it has some cool gadgets. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yeah Garbage are a great band so they definitely did justice to a bond song. I’ve never seen the movie either but if the game is taking inspiration from the movie it seems like a pretty bad story haha.

The music and graphics in this game are top notch though and it has some cool gadgets. 

I like both the movie and the game, and the game doesn't do an amazing job of portraying the events of the movie. That said neither did Goldeneye, really. There are key points which happen but it's very gamified. They wanted to go with more stealth on TWINE and I'd say they did again, an okay job of that.

Without spoiling anything, the last level of the game can suck a fuck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Make sure to lube the gears too! It's a fun one to take apart.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted

I love to hate starcraft.....lol, i lost a mission after 30 mins.  but came back with a vengence!  33% done, we think, so trudging along.......it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to buildup again 😅.  Oh well, i adapted a new strat.  So hopefully it will be easier for the last 2 zerg missions.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Real world problems, see my previous post 😉

I like that we both didn’t rage quit and pushed on!

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

That is 20% of the library btw!  Woohoo, keep it up guys!!!!!!!

Really good start. Best I’ve seen it I think, at least on here. I never did the NA one.

• Like 1