IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

@Reed Rothchild was going to play the copy I sent him......not sure if he is still planning on doing so.  Buck bumble is a really good game.  @OptOut recommended it to me a couple years ago and I loved it!

It's on my 2023 backlog list.  Alongside 44 other games.

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Tried top gear rally, not bad i guess, have to get the hang of it, finished 3rd place, well would have if i didn't pause and get up to let my pup out, he was all over me the entire way and wouldn't let me play, so blame casper.......but I will restart to see if i can do well enough to get 1st.  I think i should be able to do so.  If it keeps up and is decent I will knock it out for us.

• Like 1

I've spent some more time with Top Gear Rally 2 and I'm hitting a similar wall to @Nugfish. First two cups were fine but now the intermediate cups I just can't figure out how to race some of them.

There's one course where I've tried like 5 different cars and every single tyre type and they're still blowing every ten seconds. 

Definitely a fun game but unless someone has beaten this game and can give me advice I don't think I'll continue with it, way too much in the backlog to spend time on.

1 hour ago, Brickman said:

I've spent some more time with Top Gear Rally 2 and I'm hitting a similar wall to @Nugfish. First two cups were fine but now the intermediate cups I just can't figure out how to race some of them.

There's one course where I've tried like 5 different cars and every single tyre type and they're still blowing every ten seconds. 

Definitely a fun game but unless someone has beaten this game and can give me advice I don't think I'll continue with it, way too much in the backlog to spend time on.

A very fun game, but how quickly the vehicles get damaged is definitely the frustrating part. 

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

7 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

A very fun game, but how quickly the vehicles get damaged is definitely the frustrating part. 

If no one claims it by the time I get my ass in gear for top gear rally, i will try my hand at it.  TGR is really forgiving 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

If no one claims it by the time I get my ass in gear for top gear rally, i will try my hand at it.  TGR is really forgiving 😆

No problem. Whoever beats, I'd love to know their strategy for the more difficult courses because I do genuinely love the game, but I can't figure out how to get through them 😆

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
11 minutes ago, Brickman said:

No problem. Whoever beats, I'd love to know their strategy for the more difficult courses because I do genuinely love the game, but I can't figure out how to get through them 😆

Spoiler

SomePlainIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gi

I kid, i will prolly be licking my wounds if i try it.

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 185/303
Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Does anyone work on Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero? MK games are great but this one is just oh geez, please don't make me beat this one again... Whenever I see that title I'm always like

steve-carell-no.gif

I can do it at some point, i need to play through it for the rankings anyway, but if anyone else wants it feel free.

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I will take on 3 games sooner or later: Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero and Mischief Makers. You can count me on that

I know there are no hard dibs, but someone soft claimed mischief makers.  Might work on that last as they might be working on it already.

Mischief Makers completed. It's one of very few 2D games on N64 and I recommend everyone to beat it. The mechanics are unusual but it's still very fun

DSC00660(Custom).JPG.51c6ec5c3109afbcd07e977dda3fd868.JPG

Fun fact, I beat it using N64 Hori controller. This thing. I mean, where is the space for my left thumb using this D-pad???

61SB8zc70tL.jpg

Heading to Bomberman Hero

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I think its that, @Splain can confirm.  missions is training or whatever right?

Yeah, you have to do some basic training stuff and then go though a bunch of missions. It seems like the only real 1 player mode,  but there are different medals you can get,  so just clarifying.