IGNORED

PlayStation VR Collecting Guide - Discussion/Template

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

Google Sheets on Tracking "Full Set" Collection.

@spacepupGlove's little NES database has got me thinking about my own personal PSVR database I've been half ass making/using for my goal of documenting a full NA set.  But lookin at the discussion on the NES has got me thinking of doing more with my own personal guide.  Basically if I'm going to do it why not put a little more effort in so it has more uses for more people.  This is why I'm tagging you since you have a lot of experience with disc based collecting/documentation.  What kind of information do you collect with PSOne and PS2 types of games?  Is there special software/hardware that you use.  I remember you talking about old iPhones to use for photographing the disc to see hard to read information.  PSVR community is small so that hasn't been too much in terms of tracking/documenting physical copies of games.  If you know of any groups documenting PS4 games I'd be interesting knowing about them as I'm sure there will be some overlap in what I'm planning on doing.

If you'd share examples of data entries of games that would be great.  Especially those that use accessories like HOTAS or light guns since ever PSVR will have some sort of entry on accessories to use with the game.  And just to be clear this will be a solo project of mine that I'm not expecting anyone to really contribute too until the very end where they could report errors or missing information from my *complete* database.

Also this is publicly posted incase anyone wants to also chime in with any useful information.  I know Spacepup isn't the only collector/documenter of disc based games on VGS.  But he's the one that I know is really into it this sort of thing.  

Last it wouldn't be a post for me if I didn't include a certain thing ....

Spoiler

20151001-colbert-vr-wow.0.1520597108.0.g

Here is a list of North American Physical Releases (With VR on the Disc)

1. A-Train Express
  2. Accounting +
  3. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  4. After the Fall: Frontrunner Edition VR
  5. American Dream
  6. Angry Birds Movie 2
  7. Apex Construct
  8. ARK Park
  9. Astro Bot
  10. ATV Drift & Tricks Definitive Edition
  11. Batman VR
  12. BattleZone
  13. Blood & Truth
  14. BoxVR
  15. Bravo Team
  16. Budget Cuts VR
  17. Concrete Genie
  18. Creed Rise to Glory
  19. Deracine
  20. Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories
  21. Don’t Knock Twice
  22. Doom 3 VR
  23. Doom VFR
  24. DriveClub VR
  25. Eagle Flight VR
  26. Elder Scrolls, The: Skyrim VR
  27. Eve Valykrie
  28. Everbody Golf VR
  29. Farpoint VR
  30. Firewall:Zero Hour
  31. Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted
  32. Ghost Giant
  33. Golem
  34. Gran Turismo Sport
  35. Gungrave VR
  36. Heavy Fire: Red Shadow
  37. Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition
  38. Hatsune Miku VR
  39. Home Sweet Home
  40. Inpatient
  41. Invisible Hours
  42. Job Simulator
  43. Jupiter & Mars
  44. Killing Floor Double Feature
  45. Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
  46. Light Tracer
  47. Little Witch Academia: VR Broom Racing
  48. Loading Human: Chapter 1
  49. Mars Odyssey
  50. Marvel's Iron Man VR
  51. Megadimension Neptunia VIIR
  52. Moss
  53. Moto Racer 4
  54. Neonwall
  55. No Man's Sky Beyond
  56. Operation Warcade
  57. Paper Beast
  58. Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul 
  59. Penn & Teller VR
  60. Persistence, The
  61. Persona 3:Dancing in Moonlight
  62. Persona 5:Dancing in Starlight
  63. Pixel Gear
  64. Pixel Ripped 1989
  65. PlayStation VR Demo Disk
  66. PlayStation VR Demo Disk 2.0
  67. PlayStation VR Demo Disk 3.0
  68. PlayStation VR Worlds
  69. Polybius
  70. Prison Boss
  71. Project Lux
  72. Psychonauts: In the Rhombus
  73. Puzzle Bobble 3D Vacation Odyssey
  74. Quar Internal Machines
  75. Race The Sun
  76. Radial G
  77. Red Matter
  78. République: Anniversary Edition
  79. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold
  80. Rez Infinite
  81. Rick and Morty Simulator
  82. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
  83. Robinson: The Journey
  84. Roller Coaster Tycoon Joyride
  85. Sairento VR
  86. Sam & Max This Time It's Virtual
  87. Smash Hit Plunder
  88. Song in the Smoke
  89. Space Channel VR
  90. Star Trek: Bridge Crew
  91. Star Wars: Squadrons 
  92. Starblood Arena VR
  93. Swordman
  94. Tetris Effect
  95. Thumper
  96. To The Top
  97. Tokyo Chronos
  98. Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
  99. Trover Saves the Universe
  100. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  101. Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series
  102. Volume
  103. VR Karts
  104. VR Ping Pong Pro
  105. Walking Dead Onslaught
  106. Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners 
  107. Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution - Payback Edition
  108. Werewolves Within
  109. Wind & Leaves
  110. Wizards - Enhanced Edition
  111. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot
  112. Zone of The Enders VR

This is a list of North American Physical Games that DLC is VR but not on the disc

1. Dirt Rally
  2. Dreams
  3. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X 
  4. Minecraft Playstation 4 Edition
  5. Prey
  6. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
  7. SEGA Genesis Classics
  8. Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash 
  9. Star Wars: Battlefront - Ultimate Edition
  10. Trackmania TTR Turbo
  11. Wipeout Omega Collection

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Love 1

I would include a way to track which games required the VR headset as opposed to the games that had VR as an option and also the games that had VR only available through DLC.

Also worth noting that the VR logo on the spine has been very inconsistent, so maybe a way to track which games included the logo on the spine.

Are you only tracking physically released games?  No digital?  The PS4 era unfortunately has a massive digital only library which makes it somewhat difficult to ignore those titles.  

Social Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I would include a way to track which games required the VR headset as opposed to the games that had VR as an option and also the games that had VR only available through DLC.

Also worth noting that the VR logo on the spine has been very inconsistent, so maybe a way to track which games included the logo on the spine.

Are you only tracking physically released games?  No digital?  The PS4 era unfortunately has a massive digital only library which makes it somewhat difficult to ignore those titles.  

Why can't I ignore digital only games?  If it wasn't published in physical form then it's not part of the complete collection of physical released games.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

Been making some good strides with make a list of physical games with PSVR modes/content.  I've actually had to reach out to publishers/developers to figure out if they ever did make a PSVR mode or released a physical copy.  I even found a pre-order for a game to come out in July of 2023.  I do suspect that the PSVR physical releases  with die off quickly given how quickly games will stop being developed for the system once PSVR2 is released.

Once I get the "complete" list of physical games I think I'll star to dive into the variants and what kind of VR content the game has.  There are some that only have like a VR modeling viewing mode which isn't exactly "gaming".  Those seem to be mostly a Japanese thing though.  I've already come into some difficulties with including Asian release of PSVR discs.

I'm focusing on getting all the NA releases but also noting PAL and Asian/JP releases when I can and when it's playable in English.  I feel like I'm going to go through this list of games multiple times but I guess that is a good thing to make sure I don't miss something.

Social Team · Posted

@Mr. CIBI've made my "full set" list.  For NA I've counted a total 126 games right now (The Legend of Heroes: Tails into Reverie & Saints and Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution isn't released yet) that you can own that allow for some kind of PSVR experience.  I found the following games you "missed".  

• Croixleur Sigma
  • Deemo: Reborn
  • Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection
  • Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto
  • Tetris Effect: Connected

14 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

@Mr. CIBI've made my "full set" list.  For NA I've counted a total 126 games right now (The Legend of Heroes: Tails into Reverie & Saints and Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution isn't released yet) that you can own that allow for some kind of PSVR experience.  I found the following games you "missed".  

• Croixleur Sigma
  • Deemo: Reborn
  • Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection
  • Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto
  • Tetris Effect: Connected

Thanks for the update. 

Croixleur Sigma was released by Limited Run Games and does not have VR on the disc. The Japanese released added VR. I’m not sure if it ever had  DLC for VR in NA

Deemo: Reborn is not a NA release. It has an ESRB logo but was only sold on Play Asia as an Asian release. So I’m sure this will make for future debates. https://www.play-asia.com/deemo-reborn-multi-language/13/70d1i5

Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection. Wasn’t aware of this having VR content in NA. Thanks for letting me know.

Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto is a Japanese release 

Tetris Effect: Connected was finally shipped earlier this month after preordering sometime last year. Added. 

edit: I just look at persona and not sure this would count to some as a physical. The collection has 3 and 5 on the disc (which is on the list) and 4 is all DLC. I assume we can put in the VR DLC section. 

Edited by Mr. CIB