IGNORED

Movie Debate #105: Scrooged

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

7/10. I enjoy it quite a bit as an off-beat take on A Christmas Carol. Probably a bit too dark for most, but I look forward to bringing it back into the seasonal rotation when my kids get older. Murray plays the Scrooge role perfectly and I love the supporting cast.

My other favorite versions of this story are the animated Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Muppets Christmas Carol, and, maybe even Spirited, which I just caught last night and thoroughly enjoyed.

Social Team · Posted

Oh man!  This is a 9/10 for me for sure.  Now is it something to watch over and over again, maybe not.  But it is 100% a must watch movie in my mind.  Also want to point out that I'm starting to realize @Glovesdoesn't watch very many movies.  I feel like I'm always seeing him post about not seeing the movie in the poll.

colbert-report-stephen-colbert.gif

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Oh man!  This is a 9/10 for me for sure.  Now is it something to watch over and over again, maybe not.  But it is 100% a must watch movie in my mind.  Also want to point out that I'm starting to realize @Glovesdoesn't watch very many movies.  I feel like I'm always seeing him post about not seeing the movie in the poll.

colbert-report-stephen-colbert.gif

I don't watch a lot of mainstream/popular/famous stuff. For whatever reason.

• Like 1

Yeah, I should probably see this one.  I love Groundhog Day and What About Bob? so I can't imagine that this wouldn't be up my alley.  I've just never seen it nor felt motivated to seek it out as an adult.  I just watched Spirited with my wife, which referenced it, so maybe I'll watch it tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

What about niche films from true auteurs about icky subject matter?  Like the one you agreed to watch if I watched Redline?   💔.😂

I'm in a similar situation as Gloves, I don't watch a ton of Hollywood movies.

Yet you'll catch me at a cinema or watching an Asian film...

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm in a similar situation as Gloves, I don't watch a ton of Hollywood movies.

Yet you'll catch me at a cinema or watching an Asian film...

Well if I do polls for Fallen Angels, Hausu, or The Host we're gonna get like 3 votes.

But I guess we could maybe do the likes of Oldboy, Kung Fu Hustle, or Snowpiercer.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well if I do polls for Fallen Angels, Hausu, or The Host we're gonna get like 3 votes.

But I guess we could maybe do the likes of Oldboy, Kung Fu Hustle, or Snowpiercer.

Agreed. The main audience here doesn’t appear to be into foreign or niche movies, so you’re going to get a low vote turnout if you post a lot of those.

Just like when you do indies or modern games in the games thread.

Personally I think you choose good movies to debate about. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sumez said:

Not familiar with this movie, but I don't think I have any patience to ever watch any more adaptations of Dickens' Christmas Carol. Even though I enjoy Bill Murray as well.

It's a very irreverent take on A Christmas Carol, partially sending it up while setting it in modern times. Plus, it has Buster Poindexter as a cab-driving Ghost of Christmas Past.

2 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It's a very irreverent take on A Christmas Carol, partially sending it up while setting it in modern times. Plus, it has Buster Poindexter as a cab-driving Ghost of Christmas Past.

Maybe it was too late to watch at around 1 AM, but this is about where I fell asleep in the movie when he's going around revisiting the past lol.