IGNORED

VGS Christmas Contest 2022 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

17 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Yep referring to the OS.  Weird bug.  I was going to suggest posting on Krikzz's forum, but I saw you did. If you don't get a response, Krikzz will sometimes respond on Twitter about hardware issues. 

Yeah, I tried it that with different version of the OS and posting on the Krikzz's forum. Thanks for the advice to you and AVGN gamer. Maybe there's still something that can be done.

On 12/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, Gaia Gensouki said:

I think this game might have destroyed my brand new Everdrive N8 Pro Fami. I wanted to play this game on original hardware, so I transfered the rom file to my Everdrive and while I was playing there were sudden visual and audio bugs. I tried resetting the console and even switching it off completely, but the bug consisted. However, the worst of all is that this bug affects EVERY game on my Everdrive! Every game sounds really ugly and sratchy. When I tried an original Famicom cartridge the sound was back to normal. So at least that works, but my Everdrive seems to be broken. The Grinch really did ruin my Christmas.😭

Has anybody ever heard of such a glitch or knows how to get the Everdrive working again?

I have the standard NES Everdrive N8 with the latest firmware and it worked fine for me. Maybe it's a Famicom specific issue?

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It just looks weird with both of us at the bottom of the leaderboard below the cutoff line. Obviously the weekly contests wore us out.

Shhh!  I'm tryna lure some-a these rubes over to next year's NES weekly by way of a deliberately weak showing...!

JK You are right.

2022 had some intense NES gaming.

I am worn down alright.

Also been enjoying some neglected Sega CD, SNES, ColecoVision games lately.

And keeping things relaxed.

Downtime is important for muscles to grow back...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PII said:

Shhh!  I'm tryna lure some-a these rubes over to next year's NES weekly by way of a deliberately weak showing...!

JK You are right.

2022 had some intense NES gaming.

I am worn down alright.

Also been enjoying some neglected Sega CD, SNES, ColecoVision games lately.

And keeping things relaxed.

Downtime is important for muscles to grow back...

Same here. I wish I had done better, but time has been limited this week.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, The Grinch said:

One final update for Grinch on Christmas day
One final stab at being mean
You've got one more shot
One more chance
One more attempt to be seen
All you gotta do
Is beat my 118

Sonovabitch.  Good thing I'm off tomorrow.  I have yet to crack 100.

• Haha 1

Guess I was being too down in the dumps. Some time off and a fresh crack, and here's a new high score.

Don't know if I'll get to 200, might just call it here since I'll be busy tomorrow.

Did any of you players end up with a ton of run-ruining glitches? Most recently, I had the game freeze mid-play, I died to an enemy obstacle that didn't exist, and I had half of a pipe cover the entire vertical height of a screen, making it unwinnable. I also had plenty more collision issues. This challenge is fun but the game is frustrating.

contest entry 196.png

Edited by koifish
clarification
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, koifish said:

Guess I was being too down in the dumps. Some time off and a fresh crack, and here's a new high score.

Don't know if I'll get to 200, might just call it here since I'll be busy tomorrow.

Did any of you players end up with a ton of run-ruining glitches? Most recently, I had the game freeze mid-play, I died to an enemy obstacle that didn't exist, and I had half of a pipe cover the entire vertical height of a screen, making it unwinnable. I also had plenty more collision issues. This challenge is fun but the game is frustrating.

contest entry 196.png

I've had it freeze and make the platforms on string have no collision. It's fucked

Well that sucks.  I wish I hadn't logged in tonight to see the bad news.  I figured I would give it one more go and while being within a dozen points of getting back in the drawing, I get killed by an invisible enemy.  This game is fun, but I'm getting killed by too many glitches to enjoy it anymore.  I'm out.

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

• Sad 1

I've been playing on Nesticle on my PC with an 8ibitdo wireless controller. I haven't had many glitches that ended my game.

The main glitches that I have seen are:

-clipping through a pipe

-reaching an area where you cannot progress forward (happened once or twice)

-blind jumps right into an enemy

-goomba stuck inside pipe

-koopas stuck together

-hard blocks on ceiling actually breakable

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Finally got some time to dedicate to digging into this today.  Some of the combinations it generated are beyond unfair!  I think Battle Kid might have to move over as the most cursed at NES homebrew, lol!

spacer.png

I've had layouts generated which were literally impossible to pass, which can be incredibly frustrating lol.