IGNORED

VGS Christmas Contest 2022 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

I think this game might have destroyed my brand new Everdrive N8 Pro Fami. I wanted to play this game on original hardware, so I transfered the rom file to my Everdrive and while I was playing there were sudden visual and audio bugs. I tried resetting the console and even switching it off completely, but the bug consisted. However, the worst of all is that this bug affects EVERY game on my Everdrive! Every game sounds really ugly and sratchy. When I tried an original Famicom cartridge the sound was back to normal. So at least that works, but my Everdrive seems to be broken. The Grinch really did ruin my Christmas.😭

Has anybody ever heard of such a glitch or knows how to get the Everdrive working again?

• Sad 3

47 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I think this game might have destroyed my brand new Everdrive N8 Pro Fami. I wanted to play this game on original hardware, so I transfered the rom file to my Everdrive and while I was playing there were sudden visual and audio bugs. I tried resetting the console and even switching it off completely, but the bug consisted. However, the worst of all is that this bug affects EVERY game on my Everdrive! Every game sounds really ugly and sratchy. When I tried an original Famicom cartridge the sound was back to normal. So at least that works, but my Everdrive seems to be broken. The Grinch really did ruin my Christmas.😭

Has anybody ever heard of such a glitch or knows how to get the Everdrive working again?

Have you tried formatting the SD card and putting all the files back on?

20 hours ago, Jeevan said:

leave it to you to break the game, and @The Grinch's self worth 🤣

No one has more self loathing than The Grinch!
And in two day's time I will prevail
My will is iron clad
There is no way that I will fail!

19 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Score update on page 2.  I'm literally one step ahead of the Grinch rn.

Ha! You update none too often
And your distance is all too few
The Grinch will not be bested
By a LOSER such as YOU

Edited by The Grinch
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

@DeadeyeBy firmware, do you mean what they list under OS? If so, I tried it with v2.00 and 2.13. Neither worked. I also tried recording some gameplay footage. Don't get distracted by terrible performance though.

Yep referring to the OS.  Weird bug.  I was going to suggest posting on Krikzz's forum, but I saw you did. If you don't get a response, Krikzz will sometimes respond on Twitter about hardware issues. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Grinch said:

No one has more self loathing than The Grinch!
And in two day's time I will prevail
My will is iron clad
There is no way that I will fail!

Ha! You update none too often
And your distance is all too few
The Grinch will not be bested
By a LOSER such as YOU

I'm rooting for you and by you I mean Jeevs. Suck an egg Mr. Grinch