Playstation Wrap-up:

1. Elden Ring - 56 hours
  2. Sekiro - 42 hours
  3. Far Cry 5 - 33 hours
  4. Resident Evil VII - 18 hours
  5. Returnal - 16 hours
  • Like 2

GilgameshZero.png.95b0888c7027a9eb1ba45fc787004ac9.png

I guess this was a Playstation heavy year for me. I'm also surprised at how long Darkest Dungeon too me to complete. Persona 5 Royal was on second place with 188 hours logged and then Final Fantasy VII at 93 hours. It was just the original, not the remake. After that Wargroove at 83 hours and finally Castlevania Anniversary Collection at 25 hours.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 4

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, cj_robot said:

I'm actually embarrassed by this 😂

c_dawg694x2.jpg.png

I don't even know why it says "12 Games Played" because it should only be 3... and two of those games were me trying them out for a quick minute and never going back lol

It's bugged.  It says I earned 186 trophies.  That's every trophy I have since 2010.

My top five:

311    Elden Ring
104    Hades
 53    Crypt of the Necrodancer
 43    AI: Somnium Files 2
 35    Shining Resonance Refrain

I think this is bugged, because I know I played at least 35 hours of Project Diva: Future Tone DX. It should be probably be third in this list. It showed up in previous years (although without any artwork last year), but I think being a disc only Japanese release messes it up somehow.

• Like 2

Aww man. Enter the Gungeon was my most played? Boooooo. It's one of the games I ended up quitting instead of beating. After not enjoying it and the Binding of Isaac, I'm more cautious when I hear the words "randomly generated" and "dungeon crawler," although I think it's the progression systems that I truly don't like (play to die and unlock stuff for better playthroughs in the future). 

qnSBiEZl.png

I had a lot of fun with 2-5 on the list. Granblue Fantasy: Versus ended up being a very fun and interesting fighting game/side scrolling brawler hybrid (there's modes for both game styles). It actually got me interested in the original Granblue Fantasy, which is currently sucking up most of my time. 

JZJATJzl.png

I'm cheap. I ain't payin' for no internets or headaches.

YqM9qMUm.png

Pre-2022, I had only platinum'd one game: Horizon Zero Dawn. 

QwRN5fKl.png

I'm hoping for another productive year next year, hopefully with more PS3 and PS4 games.

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Wow @Gaia Gensouki  I think I did a 70 hour completion, but I didn't finish the Crimson Court, and the Madness stuff didn't exist yet.  Definitely a game where every hour is worth it though

Screenshot_20221216-180909.png

Wow! Including a playthrough on stygian? That was extremely difficult and took me a lot of time.

Initially I just did a casual/blind playthrough on the lowest difficulty before doing the Crimson Court on standard (which was also very difficult and a bit annoying) and finally just playing the base game on stygian for the final trophies. Color of Madness came last and wasn't easy either.

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Wow! Including a playthrough on stygian? That was extremely difficult and took me a lot of time.

Initially I just did a casual/blind playthrough on the lowest difficulty before doing the Crimson Court on standard (which was also very difficult and a bit annoying) and finally just playing the base game on stygian for the final trophies. Color of Madness came last and wasn't easy either.

Oh God no.  I just did the default.  I wasn't trophy hunting.  Stygian would be frightening.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Sumez said:

m7joTl2.png

vYNdcxp.png

CBCaFcq.png

8cwhCvP.png

Absolutely no clue what the last one means, lol. What's the difference between a platinum and a bronze trophy? Or more importantly, why should i care 😅

Funny, we both have the same first trophy.  I guess that would make sense since all of the early good PS3 games didn't have them.

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Funny, we both have the same first trophy.  I guess that would make sense since all of the early good PS3 games didn't have them.

image.png.29d081eb578bfe16a6e78c9349aa6df5.png

Well mine is cryptic as hell.  I'm guessing it may be a digital download game?  With the PS App they sort the trophies by last earned at the top so I scrolled to the bottom to fine it.  I'm shocked they didn't have this game listed...

Spoiler

uy65zes.png

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

Doesn't seem that way to me. Playstation already ranks trophies by how many players have attained them, and seem silver or gold ones are usually the most common compared to the number available. It's just there are fewer if them. 

Sometimes silver or gold come from unmissable bosses or milestones in a game, so more people are going to hit them.  Finding all the diary pages might only be bronze but fewer will track those down.

Platinum means you got every other trophy in the game.

10 hours ago, fox said:

Platinum means you got every other trophy in the game.

While it's true that Platinum trophies are only acquired by completing all other trophies in a game, not all games have a Platinum trophy available.  Sometimes, there is no additional trophy for getting 100%.  

• Agree 1