IGNORED

The Golden Ganons 2023 are coming this JAN!!!

OptOut

Contrary to popular rumours, I did NOT die in a sexual misadventure involving a Nintendo 64 controller (inc. rumble pak), a can of tuna and an alleyway full of stray cats. I survived (largely) unharmed and massively sexually gratified.

However, that is besides the point, the point is the GOLDEN GANONS 2023 ARE ON THE WAY, scheduled to begin in January! Obviously we missed last year, due to the unforeseen incompetence (and unrelated incontinence) of one MISTER @Gloves. Due to this, we will be opening nominations to ALL CONTENT posted on the site since the inception of VGS, rather than restricting it to the prior 12-months!!!

That's right @Jeevan... Chili VS. Potato is in with a chance! 😉

So, there's plenty to do to get ready, and as this is the first year obviously we will be trying things out and seeing what works, with the hopes of tuning the experience in future years, but it should hopefully be a lot of fun! If you want to contribute any further ideas or suggestions, please feel free to comment below, or alternatively PM me directly with bribes to push your nominations further up the rankings!!! 🤩

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

Social Team · Posted

Ideas for awards.....

• Best VGS member interview
  • Screaming into the Void award - Most* post in the Subscriber's Thread.
  • Social Butterfly award - Most* post in General Discussion
  • Show Me the Money award - Most* sells/trades through VGS
  • Best Blogger - collectively produces the best blog content
  • Best Werewolf DM - who had the best story/setup
  • Positive Waves Man - Most* positive reactions given
  • Negative Nancy - Most* negative reactions given

*Most maybe difficult to determine so the most perceived is more accurate describer.

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
53 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm not sure why we're doing this.  We all know @CasualCart's gonna sweep just about every award he's nominated for. 😛

I dunno, dude - I'm still trying to re-build my good reputation after destroying poor @Jeevan's game of SMB Werewolf last summer haha.

image.gif.36d76d6f37c253daea60ad1105a7943e.gif

But in any case - looks like it's time to start campaigning my greatest contribution to VGS...

-CasualCart

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I dunno, dude - I'm still trying to re-build my good reputation after destroying poor @Jeevan's game of SMB Werewolf last summer haha.

image.gif.36d76d6f37c253daea60ad1105a7943e.gif

But in any case - looks like it's time to start campaigning my greatest contribution to VGS...

-CasualCart

Say what you will, but I almost made a different joke post saying...

"Well, I'll be protesting if there's no Werewolf MVP, 2019-2022 (and we all know that will be CasualCart!)"

Seriously though, man.  That was a fun game.  I understand you didn't know the rules  but Werewolf thrives on chaos and having someone unexpectedly be unwilling to lie as a werewolf created mass chaos.  It was fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
On 12/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, CasualCart said:

Still one of the greatest tragedies that has ever happened on the site in my eyes. You would've been such a fun guy to play with! Haha. Still to this day sad we missed out on some of the great sketches that would've come from you being a WW regular.

• Agree 3

Events Team · Posted
On 12/5/2022 at 8:00 AM, FireHazard51 said:

Best Werewolf DM - who had the best story/setup

I really like this idea actually, honestly one of the things I like most about WW is the creative storytelling the DMs do, and that's one of my favorite parts about hosting a game too is coming up with the setup and adapting the story depending on what transpires. A WW game with no real setup is always a tad bit more boring for me to play in personally, I really like the spice a good setup introduces.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
15 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I really like this idea actually, honestly one of the things I like most about WW is the creative storytelling the DMs do, and that's one of my favorite parts about hosting a game too is coming up with the setup and adapting the story depending on what transpires. A WW game with no real setup is always a tad bit more boring for me to play in personally, I really like the spice a good setup introduces.

When I first played Mafia/WW, all the players had to make list of media that like/loved.  The DM would write the night actions up and leave hits about who did the night actions.  Both town power roles and scum. 

"The village idiot didn't listen to the group that night and decided to venture out of the safety of the group's cabin.  He wanted to try and find the killer in the act and be declared the MVP town hero.  He was so incompetent that he didn't even hear the charging of the arm cannon that blew a cantaloupe size hole into his chest.  @OptOut was kill, he was VT" 

And we'd comb through people's lists looking for who had MegaMan or Metroid as a game they liked.    It was also dicey to try and figure out the clues for town power roles so you didn't accidently kill them in the daily votes.  Or to target them or avoid them with your town power ability.  In the end the DM would explain what the clues were and from what movie/show/game it came from.

Overall clue hunting is an easy way for new people to play the game but veteran players don't need any clues to blindly vote and kill on Day 1.  No clues puts A LOT of pressure to get things right late in the game.  DM can really put the thumb on the scale when it comes to the clues too.  Usually the clues where vague enough that many people could have the clue point to them.  Or it was stupid hard to know the reference and if you knew it, it would pin the scum.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Social Team · Posted

fxjN.gif

End of the year is coming around the corner.  I hope you got some things planned.  Till then I got some more ideas....

• Chill Pill - awarded to a VGS member who needs a chill pill.
  • Eh!? - most Canadian VGS member/post
  • Ope! - most mid-western VGS member/post
  • a.lu.MI.ni.um - most not-North American VGS member/post
  • 💩 Poster - I'll you define this award
  • The Professional - best blog series
  • Callused thumbs - the most intense player or one who plays the most games
  • Like 1