IGNORED

[ENDED] Extra Life 2022 Charity Auction: Retro & Homebrew Lots (Bid now, Live Auction @ 3pm EST Saturday Dec. 3)

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

This is the old stuff!

Like last year, a few fine folks have donated some great stuff to help raise funds for the kids! If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say Extra Life, check out the main thread here: 

Check out the Megathread with all of the auctions linked for reference here:

Some notes:

• All auctions have both a pre-bid AND a LIVE auction aspect to them
    • From today until the Live Auction starts, you may bid via Private Message to me, Gloves
    • Once the Live Auction starts, the threads will be locked and the Live section will take place on Discord
    • When PMing me, provide the highest you're willing to go in bidding, and that bid will be used as your bidding for the Live section
      • e.g. if you bid $100 on a minimum bid $50 item, and Live bidding goes up to $80, you will win that item!
  • All winners are asked to make a donation directly to Extra Life with their winning bid and a note on what they won (Extra Life Donation page: Douglas Glover - Fundraising For Extra Life (extra-life.org))
    • Covering the fees on Extra Life isn't required, but it's nice if you can
    • Extra Life will send a donation receipt for taxes to your email later on
  • Shipping will be covered for all items (if not by the donor, by me personally)
  • Rules are subject to change with notice in the thread; I'm human and just doing my best to raise money for the kids, so bear with me if something's not clear, and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Lots:

• Bids are in USD
  • You can bid on as many lots as you like; let me know which lot(s) you're bidding on, and the amount of your bid
  • New bids must be higher than the current minimum/highest bid
  • If multiple people bid at roughly the same time, the higher bid counts as the new highest bid
  • Remember that there is a LIVE AUCTION on Discord which will continue from where the thread leaves off at 3pm EST on Saturday December 3rd!
  • I won't be a stickler on specifics, but round increments would be nice (e.g. bidding up by $5 from the last bid)

Lot 1: 

Estimated FMV: ~$350
Minimum bid: $150

Lot 2: 

Estimated FMV: ~$300
Minimum bid: $150

Lot 3: 

• (Photos: https://imgur.com/a/tkzQpNA)
  • Commando NES (Cart)
  • Star Soldier NES (Cart)
  • Section Z NES (Cart)
  • Mario Bros. NES (Arcade Classics Series) (Cart)
  • Monopoly NES (Cart)
  • Silent Service NES (Cart)
  • Metroid NES (Cart)
  • T&C Wood & Water Rage NES (Cart)

Estimated FMV: $90
Minimum bid: $40

Lot 4: 

Estimated FMV: $69 (lol nice)
Minimum bid: $34.20 (heh)

Lot 5: 

Estimated FMV: $50
Minimum bid: $25

Lot 6: 

• 3 Music Carts:
    • Polygondwanaland 2nd edition CIB
    • Quiet by Bleep Bop Records
    • Silicon Statue by Bleep Bop Records
    • Photo: Photo

Estimated FMV: $200
Minimum bid: $40

Lot 7: 

• 2 Homebrew Games
    • Rollie CIB NES
    • Hungry Ghost Night CIB Famicom
    • Photo: Photo

Estimated FMV: $120
Minimum bid: $20

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Extra Life 2022 Charity Auction: Retro & Homebrew Lots (Bid now, Live Auction @ 3pm EST Saturday Dec. 3)
Administrator · Posted

@acidjaguar - Just a reminder - the pre-bid part should be done privately via PMs to Gloves - basically, what you would like to bid to win.

Tomorrow we'll be doing a live auction at 3pm on Discord, but if your private bid is higher than anyone at the live auction, you can still win.  And/or - you can hang out with us tomorrow!

Also - BUMP with 2 new Lots, #6 (Music Carts) and #7 (Homebrew Carts) donated by @Deadeye!

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

Just a reminder everyone - we'll be starting the auction in Discord at 3pm EST, which is just about 15 minutes away! 

If you can't join the Live Auction and want to place a bid, please PM Gloves as possible, but no later than 3pm.

There is a channel in discord called #extra-life-charity-auction where we'll conduct everything.  Thanks!

Administrator · Posted

Results for the Retro & Homebrew Lots!

Lot 1 AirVillain 160
Lot 2 acidjaguar 150
Lot 3 Wherewilf 50
Lot 4 Splain 40
Lot 5 a3quit4s 44.2
Lot 6 Mega Tank 70
Lot 7 Splain 69

Total Raised: $583.20!

I'll post an overall summary in the main "megathread" and I'll reach out to all the winners to confirm totals and arrange shipping, etc.  

Thank you to everyone who bid or participated!  I really appreciate it!

• The title was changed to [ENDED] Extra Life 2022 Charity Auction: Retro & Homebrew Lots (Bid now, Live Auction @ 3pm EST Saturday Dec. 3)