IGNORED

[ENDED] Extra Life 2022 Charity Auction: Megathread

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Welcome Sages to the 2022 Extra Life Charity Auction!

Like last year, a few fine folks have donated some great stuff to help raise funds for the kids! If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say Extra Life, check out the main thread below, while this thread right here will serve as a main thread to link to all of the individual and lot auctions to help organize and ensure you don't miss anything.

Donors:

None of this would be possible without the support of these fine folks, who've offered up their stuff for auction, HUGE thanks to them! If you'd like to donate something either to auction off, or otherwise to be sold to raise funds for the charity, PM me!

Some notes:

• All auctions have both a pre-bid AND a LIVE auction aspect to them (Live portion starts at 3pm EST on Dec 3rd)
    • From today until the Live Auction starts, you may bid via Private Message to me, Gloves
    • Once the Live Auction starts, the threads will be locked and the Live section will take place on Discord
    • When PMing me, provide the highest you're willing to go in bidding, and that bid will be used as your bidding for the Live section
      • e.g. if you bid $100 on a minimum bid $50 item, and Live bidding goes up to $80, you will win that item!
  • All winners are asked to make a donation directly to Extra Life with their winning bid and a note on what they won (Extra Life Donation page: Douglas Glover - Fundraising For Extra Life (extra-life.org))
    • Covering the fees on Extra Life isn't required, but it's nice if you can
    • Extra Life will send a donation receipt for taxes to your email later on
  • Shipping will be covered for all items (if not by the donor, by me personally)
  • Winners will be contacted on Sunday December 4th, after I've had a chance to sleep after the Extra Life Game Day
  • Rules are subject to change with notice in the thread; I'm human and just doing my best to raise money for the kids, so bear with me if something's not clear, and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Auction Threads:

1. Nintendo Switch Lots
  2. Sony Playstation Lots
  3. Retro & Homebrew Lots
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted

FYI I've updated all threads to reflect the following correction:

• From today until the Live Auction starts, you may bid via Private Message to me, Gloves
  • Once the Live Auction starts, the threads will be locked and the Live section will take place on Discord
  • When PMing me, provide the highest you're willing to go in bidding, and that bid will be used as your bidding for the Live section
    • e.g. if you bid $100 on a minimum bid $50 item, and Live bidding goes up to $80, you will win that item!

TL;DR: Bids are to be made privately to me via PM!

If you want to bump the thread that'd help, feel free to do so; just remember to bid in private lest you be outbid!

Administrator · Posted

Bump! Reminder that every penny goes directly to charity and is tax deductible (to the extent allowed by law, and based on your region)! With all of the auction lots listed at a starting price around half of "fair market value" (based on inspecting recent sales), even a minimum bid would mean funds raised for Sick Kids and some practically free stuff for the winner(s)!

Any questions at all just lemme know!

Administrator · Posted

Just a reminder everyone - we'll be starting the auction in Discord at 3pm EST, which is just about 15 minutes away! 

If you can't join the Live Auction and want to place a bid, please PM Gloves as possible, but no later than 3pm.

There is a channel in discord called #extra-life-charity-auction where we'll conduct everything.  Thanks!

Administrator · Posted

Alrighty - The auction went well and raised almost $1,700 for charity!!!  I sincerely want to thank every single one of you who participated, whether by donating items, bidding, and to those who helped out with the auction event.  I appreciate all of your efforts!

Full list of results below!

Switch Lots

Lot 1 acidjaguar 70
Lot 2 JVOSS 50
Lot 3 AirVillain 85
Lot 4 JVOSS 150
Lot 5 Jeevan 52
Lot 6 Splain 100
Lot 7 JVOSS 20

PlayStation Lots

Lot 1 Wherewilf 60
Lot 2 xelius 50
Lot 3 Gloves 120
Lot 4 Wherewilf 60

Retro & Homebrew Lots

Lot 1 AirVillain 160
Lot 2 acidjaguar 150
Lot 3 Wherewilf 50
Lot 4 Splain 40
Lot 5 a3quit4s 44.2
Lot 6 Mega Tank 70
Lot 7 Splain 69

Mystery DS Box Lots (donated by JVOSS!)

Lot 1 xelius 25
Lot 2 Splain 40
Lot 3 ZeldaFan042 45
Lot 4 Wherewilf 45
Lot 5 ZeldaFan042 40
Lot 6 Wherewilf 45
Lot 7 Wherewilf 55

Total Raised: $1,695.20!!!!   

I'll post all the totals by winner in the next post.

Administrator · Posted

Ok, so here are the totals for each winner and the lots they won.

If you haven't already donated (I know some of you already have - thanks!), please make your donation to Gloves' Extra Life page here: https://extra-life.org/participant/DouglasGlover

Just let me know when you've donated.
Please PM me your name and address, and I will coordinate with all of you to make sure you receive all of your items.
Check everything below, and just let me know if you have any questions or corrections - thanks!

@acidjaguar

Switch Lot #1 70.00
Retro Lot #2 150.00
Total Amount: 220.00

@JVOSS

Switch Lot #2 50.00
Switch Lot #4 150.00
Switch Lot #7 20.00
Total Amount: 220.00

@AirVillain

Switch Lot #3 85.00
Retro Lot #1 160.00
Total Amount: 245.00

@Jeevan

Switch Lot #5 52.00
Total Amount: 52.00

@Splain

Switch Lot #6 100.00
Retro Lot #4 40.00
Retro Lot #7 69.00
Mystery DS Box #2 40.00
Total Amount: 249.00

@wherewilf

PlayStation Lot #1 60.00
PlayStation Lot #4 60.00
Retro Lot #3 50.00
Mystery DS Box #4 45.00
Mystery DS Box #6 45.00
Mystery DS Box #7 55.00
Total Amount: 315.00

@xelius

PlayStation Lot #2 50.00
Mystery DS Box #1 25.00
Total Amount: 75.00

@Gloves

PlayStation Lot #3 120.00
Total Amount: 120.00

@a3quit4s

Retro Lot #5 44.20
Total Amount: 44.20

@Mega Tank

Retro Lot #6 70.00
Total Amount: 70.00

@ZeldaFan042

Mystery DS Box #3 45.00
Mystery DS Box #5 40.00
Total Amount: 85.00

That's everyone! 

Again, thank you all so much!

Special thanks to all of the donors who provided items for this, to @ZeldaFreak for assisting me with timing for the auction (amazing help!), and to @Gloves for sharing the cause with all of us and motivating us to support a great charity.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to [ENDED] Extra Life 2022 Charity Auction: Megathread