IGNORED

World of Nintendo Figures Discussion

The World of Nintendo Figures line is coming up on a decade since it's initial announcement in February of 2013. I remember when these were first released they were an after thought to the amiibo craze that was going on at the time. However, I think these figures have aged way better than amiibo figures in terms of their styling and practicality. The focus is obviously on Mario but Zelda and Metroid have both gotten some love over the years. It's a shame Zelda has gotten such a small share of the runs bc the figures that were released I actually really like. 

Has anyone been collecting them over the years? 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to World of Nintendo Figures Discussion

They are good little shelf fillers, since you can easier stick them in front of or between a few games without eating up much space.  Having some of the less obvious characters and enemies really helps spice things up.

I really don't need any more junk, but these are sold near the checkout and are only a few bucks so they are an easy impulse buy.

48 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@CodysGameRoom bro you have so much awesome shit. 

I put my heart and soul into collecting a lot of stuff for a lot of years. It’s tough but it’s given me a complex where I can’t buy something unless I feel like I’m getting a good deal on it. That’s caused me to pass on some stuff I shouldn’t have but also saved me a lot of money so… it’s worked out I guess haha

5 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I put my heart and soul into collecting a lot of stuff for a lot of years. It’s tough but it’s given me a complex where I can’t buy something unless I feel like I’m getting a good deal on it. That’s caused me to pass on some stuff I shouldn’t have but also saved me a lot of money so… it’s worked out I guess haha

Looking at the volume of stuff you have it doesn’t seem that you’ve passed on much 🤣

edit: that WoN Shadow Link is dope!

Edited by a3quit4s

12 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Looking at the volume of stuff you have it doesn’t seem that you’ve passed on much

You sound like my fiance 😄

12 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

edit: that WoN Shadow Link is dope!

Yes, that was a Spencer's Gifts exclusive and it took me a long time to hunt down because I typically stopped going to malls and stores like that some time ago. I was glad to finally find one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Im almost glad I dont have that much space, or my house would be similar if not worse. Great work though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Im almost glad I dont have that much space, or my house would be similar if not worse. Great work though

When my fiancé and I were looking for a new place, the agreement pretty much was, I get the basement, and then help her with decorating the rest of the place however she wants. It works for me and the plus side is she usually wants to put cool shit up anyway lol

57 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I actually prefer the rebranding to game specific packaging. The BOTW link figure w Hyrule in the background looks really good. I think the rebranding was in preparation for the Mario movie release as well to make them more relatable to the movie itself. 

Yeah, I didn't mind it either, but the figures were starting to become redundant at that point (yoshi color variants etc.) and it kind of messed up how the waves were being released. I liked collecting them for a bit but they became harder to come by up here in Canada after Target and my local TRU closed and felt it was a good time to stop with the branding change and already having a lot of figures already. 

• 4 months later...

Comparing these WON figures from 2016 to the new ones, the new ones are really a step up in functionality. The new figures have so much more range of motion, it makes them much easier to position. The 2016 Yoshi figure doesn't have a motion point in Yoshi's feet which makes it tough to stand bc of it's weird weight distribution. Having those hinges in the feet of the new figures makes a huge difference.