IGNORED

New Sonic the Hedgehog trailer - featuring improved Sonic

Teh_Lurv

5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Much better trailer. Not sure why the first version of Sonic was completely off. 

They blurred the line of realism with something a little to "human".  The mouth, for one, had to many teeth and was kind of human-shaped. People tend to not like things that look to much like that. It's hard to say "uncanny valley" on this one but, yes, I think parts of that original Sonic were definitely square in the middle of the uncanny valley.

It was just kind of creepy, but not in a good way.

Sonic looks better, though still not even close to spot-on, but the film itself looks absolutely terrible. I didn't laugh at even one of those "jokes" in the trailer, so lame! Aren't they supposed to be putting their BEST stuff in the trailer?

This film retroactively makes Detective Pikachu an even MORE awesome movie than it already was! Calling it, this one's gonna be a stinker.

At least they gave the Coolio a break, tho, thank god, lol!

29 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Sonic looks better, though still not even close to spot-on, but the film itself looks absolutely terrible. I didn't laugh at even one of those "jokes" in the trailer, so lame! Aren't they supposed to be putting their BEST stuff in the trailer?

I mean it's a cheesy kids movie, I don't exactly expect Scorsese level dialogue here, lol.

I think it looks way better and I'm looking forward to taking my girlfriend's kids to see it, they both thought the trailer looked awesome.

11 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I mean it's a cheesy kids movie, I don't exactly expect Scorsese level dialogue here, lol.

I think it looks way better and I'm looking forward to taking my girlfriend's kids to see it, they both thought the trailer looked awesome.

I think little kids would be laughing their butts off.

Haha that initial render is so bad. 

I feel like I don't even have to watch these movies anymore with the previews being so long any giving away so much. 

Sonic shows up to earth, spend time hiding, gets found by random, robotnic shows up after the anomaly, they get in that truck chase, go into hiding again, Sonic confronts robotnic in that big machine at the end. Most of the one liners are spoiled. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

So, so much better. 

Even in the trailer, Sonic seems to have much more of his personality. I wonder if they did some script rewrites also?  Not to mention there's a lot more from the actual games represented, like Green Hill Zone at the beginning and the the music while Sonic was running around the baseball diamond. (Granted, that may have been Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles we saw at the end of the original trailer when Robotnik looked more like his video game portrayal, but who really knows?) I can look past some of the corny dialogue and hokey plot (Sonic being from another planet that he escaped because people wanted his powers?), it's aimed towards kids first and Sonic fans second. I'll actually be seeing it now and... dare I say, I'm a little excited? It's not going to be a masterpiece, far from it, but it looks fun and I'm always down to see Jim Carrey on the big screen. 

Great job listening to the fans, Paramount. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I have to believe that "bad Sonic" was a calculated marketing ploy to drum up interest for a movie that was destined to bomb. Now they've at least bought some good will with fans who were on the fence.

Or maybe Hollywood execs really are that clueless.

Could be.

Though if that were the case, seems like it would have been a lot easier to just do the awful looking Sonic for some promo posters and a much shorter teaser, rather than what seemed like a full length trailer.

That is a lot of CGI investment in a marketing ploy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

Could be.

Though if that were the case, seems like it would have been a lot easier to just do the awful looking Sonic for some promo posters and a much shorter teaser, rather than what seemed like a full length trailer.

That is a lot of CGI investment in a marketing ploy.

True. The whole thing is bizarre.

8 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Detective Pikachu was a kids movie, but it had great trailers with actually funny jokes, and it turned out well. There are loads of kids movies that are well written and great fun. This doesn't look like one of them.

I will not be subjecting myself, nor my kids, to this one.

Edited by OptOut
  • Wow! 1