IGNORED

Replacement Xbox 360 controller grips?

Whatcha mean by grips? The 360 shell is just 2 pieces, replacement shells are getting harder to find but not impossible but not grippy. Do you mean the rubber on the sticks? I would just take the controller apart and get replacement sticks from AliExpress in that case, haven't tried the caps they might be good.

3 hours ago, drxandy said:

Whatcha mean by grips? The 360 shell is just 2 pieces, replacement shells are getting harder to find but not impossible but not grippy. Do you mean the rubber on the sticks? I would just take the controller apart and get replacement sticks from AliExpress in that case, haven't tried the caps they might be good.

Ok. Ya I was talking about the rubber on the joysticks. I would like to just use some of the caps but I can’t find any made for 360.

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Ok. Ya I was talking about the rubber on the joysticks. I would like to just use some of the caps but I can’t find any made for 360.

I could be wrong, but I want to say that I recall seeing info that indicated that the sticks on the 360 and PS3 were interchangeable (as they both pull off the top of the actual stick pointing out of near identical mechanisms contained within each).  If that's true, then I would say that most any of the stretchy, "grippy" thumbstick covers marketed for PS3/PS4 ought to slip over the sticks on your 360 controller(s) as well.

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Thanks 1

20pcs Black & Grey Analog Thumbsticks Thumb Grip Stick Cap Joystick for Xbox360 Controller
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrVoTqk

6$ shipped for enough sticks to repair 10 of em, I have bought from the seller. 

If you are worried about how complex the inside will be, it is very straightforward compared to new controllers. 

If you are fixing them to resell this is the right way.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1