IGNORED

CGC made a nice little variant primer for many major consoles

42 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

It's been repro since the beginning. I talked about it years ago in my aftermarket panel.

Start at 8:50 if it doesn't already: The Repro Misnomer.

You talk common sense very good. I just dont like the idea that the criminals have successfully changed the words meaning, but it seems most people agree they have.

30 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

@Code Monkey

https://www.cgcvideogames.com/reference-guide

The guide is there. It loads on a widgit I guess, perhaps your browser has software that is blocking it from loading properly?

There's a header, a picture of a magazine and a submit button. Am I missing some other part of the page?

Just quickly looking at Genesis section and there's already bad data:

image.png.1a5b60018d2b172b709bbe81a2c0f7a8.png

Key Titles - Street Fighter II Turbo - doesn't exist on the platform, on Genesis there are:

Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition AND Super Street Fighter II

image.png.b6e6e5ec51b8f156eaa4e003d7945db1.png

Claiming a number of cases and presenting them but missing something so simple as Capcom embossed clamshell case (that was just one quick example I knew from the top):

image.thumb.jpeg.e502a7757c4157d77b693ea860ccb878.jpeg

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
59 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Laptop, Ubuntu, Chrome

Samsung tablet, Android, Chrome

In both cases when you enter the magazine mode, you should have an arrow on the right side of the window you can click on (specifically click ON the arrow, not just generally the right side of the screen).

image.png

You can also click and drag a page as though it were a book, but it's not great with links on the pages etc..

15 minutes ago, Gloves said:

In both cases when you enter the magazine mode, you should have an arrow on the right side of the window you can click on (specifically click ON the arrow, not just generally the right side of the screen).

image.png

You can also click and drag a page as though it were a book, but it's not great with links on the pages etc..

First of all, thank you for explaining that, I have it now. I appreciate the patience.

Second, this is the absolute worst user interface I have ever seen for a CTA and for delivering information to a reader. The person that put this together should be fired for having made something so absolutely horrid to navigate. This is what happens when a website is made by a designer and not a developer.

I'm amazed anyone else was able to figure that out.

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

First of all, thank you for explaining that, I have it now. I appreciate the patience.

Second, this is the absolute worst user interface I have ever seen for a CTA and for delivering information to a reader. The person that put this together should be fired for having made something so absolutely horrid to navigate. This is what happens when a website is made by a designer and not a developer.

I'm amazed anyone else was able to figure that out.

It's a really terrible interface, not accessible at all. And don't worry, I deal with accessibility on the web regularly, I have a lot of patience for helping with stuff like this. 🙂

With all the Repro talk Im surprised I haven’t seen anyone mention the CIB definition. The call it Complete In Box while basically using the Cart Instructions Box version of the definition. I’ve always considered it Cart, Ins, Box myself, but if your one to go with Complete In Box then there definition is flawed as it doesn’t include the inserts and other stuff

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

With all the Repro talk Im surprised I haven’t seen anyone mention the CIB definition. The call it Complete In Box while basically using the Cart Instructions Box version of the definition. I’ve always considered it Cart, Ins, Box myself, but if your one to go with Complete In Box then there definition is flawed as it doesn’t include the inserts and other stuff

I always found the implied differences between "Complete in box" and "Cart, inserts, box" as a bit of a fallacy as "Complete" implies that it has everything, so technically the two terms are entirely equal. Thus, I go with "Complete in box" in my head, as it applies to more than just cartridge-based systems.

If ANYTHING people should be saying "MMC" for "Media, Manual, Case" or something like that, if they want to discount any extra inserts like reg cards etc..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

I always found the implied differences between "Complete in box" and "Cart, inserts, box" as a bit of a fallacy as "Complete" implies that it has everything, so technically the two terms are entirely equal. Thus, I go with "Complete in box" in my head, as it applies to more than just cartridge-based systems.

If ANYTHING people should be saying "MMC" for "Media, Manual, Case" or something like that, if they want to discount any extra inserts like reg cards etc..

Well that's kind of my point in that I always saw it as Cart, INSTRUCTIONS, Box, not Inserts, which would exclude all but the manual

Edit: and double checking their glossary they state CIB = Complete In Box but provide the definition:

"A game state that includes the original box/case, cartridge/disc, and Manual"

Which already contradicts the definition of "Complete"

I honestly don't care what/how they define it. I just find it interesting 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Well that's kind of my point in that I always saw it as Cart, INSTRUCTIONS, Box, not Inserts, which would exclude all but the manual

Edit: and double checking their glossary they state CIB = Complete In Box but provide the definition:

Yeah everyone I know who referred to the I as instructions, same as @LeatherRebel5150 mentioned.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Totally fair!

On 11/28/2022 at 6:54 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Another failure expsed! Mickey Mouse company

Administrator · Posted

If we keep it simple (or not, any metric should show Mickey as more well-known), Disney's net worth is $130b, while Nintendo's is only $85b. Obviously both encompass more than their direct media (i.e. not every Disney output is Mickey, not every Nintendo output is Mario), but they're the key icons of their respective businesses and Disney has a more than 50% increase in value compared to Nintendo.

Show the entire world these two head profiles and most will recognize Mickey, Mario not so much:

image.png image.png

37 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If we keep it simple (or not, any metric should show Mickey as more well-known), Disney's net worth is $130b, while Nintendo's is only $85b. Obviously both encompass more than their direct media (i.e. not every Disney output is Mickey, not every Nintendo output is Mario), but they're the key icons of their respective businesses and Disney has a more than 50% increase in value compared to Nintendo.

Show the entire world these two head profiles and most will recognize Mickey, Mario not so much:

image.png image.png

All you show is that Mickey was bigger in old ass black/white cartoons. He cant touch Mario, a true ICON

• Haha 1

Show a bunch of three year olds Mickey Mouse and then show them Mario; ask them who they are and you'll get your answer to this age-old quandry...

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

image.png image.png

Not really fair to compare silhouttes between a character who has been known for the shape of his head for almost 100 years and a character who has never been known for that characteristic by anyone ever...

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

Dude, Nintendo has Nintendo properties to contribute to their worth.  Disney has their stuff plus Marvel, plus Star Wars, plus damn near anything they can get their dirty paws on.  Comparing their net worth is not a good way to make the argument that Mickey is more recognizable. 

Frankly, I'd say their about even really.  Based on my experience with my nieces, I'd say Mickey's appeal was highest in the toddler years, while Mario got more popular with them once they hit school age.  Still, they're more interested in Minecraft and Roblox than either property, and have been for years.