IGNORED

Xeno Crisis - Smash TV meets Aliens

fox

Still looks like her, well a generic copycat, but hey, close enough. Whomever designed her was probably hungry at that time and was thinking, you know what, a Jill Sandwich would be good to have, thus this character turned out looking like her. After all that Raccoon / Umbrella / zombie stuff she signed up with another group that fights aliens, kept her hat, added some more body armor, got a bigger gun, after all, these are aliens, kinda shit that Schwarzenegger and Stallone fight in Contra. Game looks like a blast though, for those short fun fast paced romps.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fox said:

not required but 6 button pad recomended

dual sticks on the switch works great too

I had forgotten that 6-button pads existed for Genesis, as I think my friends only had the 3-button originals.

So how are they doing it without the 6-button pad?  Would it work like NES Smash TV?  (seems like it would be less comfortable than twin-d-pads on the NES to do it that way)

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

I had forgotten that 6-button pads existed for Genesis, as I think my friends only had the 3-button originals.

So how are they doing it without the 6-button pad?  Would it work like NES Smash TV?  (seems like it would be less comfortable than twin-d-pads on the NES to do it that way)

Bitmap said that the controls are meant to rotate and strafe, so it’s akin to Skeleton Krew

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?32900-Xeno-Crisis-new-overhead-run-n-gun-on-Kickstarter/page44

I'd have to go with the vote for Shock Troopers as well on this as I own it on MVS, and blended with some Alien Syndrome (3D not original) mechanics with the powering up and what not and the alien stuff obviously.  I've kept an eye out, being on the format it was originally projected for I kind of blew it off until I saw it got a posting for GoG.com so when I feel the time is right I'm going to snap that up.  There are other fairly recently made throwbacks of the 90s era stuff too I'd love to get as well like Iron Fury and Project Warlock too.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, GPX said:

Thought I’d chuck in an arcade comparison - Smash TV meets Heavy Barrel.

Really brings back that nostalgic feel. Definitely want to give this one a try at some stage.

Definitely get the Smash TV vibe, you can tell that was a major influence.

I went ahead and got the Genesis rom too. I'll probably try it out tomorrow while my son naps. lol