IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 2

BeaIank

16 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Me when I had time and energy to play life force:

Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

Im jealous. I had some time. I had some energy. I brought my nes and power pak on my flight today in my carry on work bag. Hooked her up ready to qbert, but no dice. My brother in law does not have the tv remote, so we couldnt change the input. Brutal. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I disagree. Now that I know what to do in level three, it seems very easy, and I never die there anymore. I hate the section in the last level with the really fast small balls that fly around all over the place and the flames. There doesn't seem to be a strat other than avoid getting hit.

Man, you're crazy.  I think I had maybe two failed runs end on a level that wasn't level three.  Once you're powered up, the whole game is an absolute cakewalk except for level 3 and the ten second escape run at the very end... 😛

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Im jealous. I had some time. I had some energy. I brought my nes and power pak on my flight today in my carry on work bag. Hooked her up ready to qbert, but no dice. My brother in law does not have the tv remote, so we couldnt change the input. Brutal. 

Dang. You’ll have to go get a universal remote

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Terrible. I played some last night and couldn't even get out of level 4 because of constant stupid deaths.

I hate the stage with the pillars that move up and down and you have to make it through. I’m always like “I’m definitely gonna hit a fucking wall here”. That’s what killed my score in 2017, I still made three loops but I had to run stage six with the pea shooter and burned like 15 lives. It wasn’t a one life contest that year.

Edited by docile tapeworm

50 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I hate the stage with the pillars that move up and down and you have to make it through. I’m always like “I’m definitely gonna hit a fucking wall here”. That’s what killed my score in 2017, I still made three loops but I had to run stage six with the pea shooter and burned like 15 lives. It wasn’t a one life contest that year.

Thanks now I'm going to be nervous when I get back there and die lol.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What happened to your force-field?  And what happened to your back-up force-field?

Unfortunately force seems to do nothing against those bullets unless I somehow lost it beforehand and didn't notice.

EDIT: Or maybe I was hit by more than one bullet?

Edited by mbd39

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What happened to your force-field?  And what happened to your back-up force-field?

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Unfortunately force seems to do nothing against those bullets unless I somehow lost it beforehand and didn't notice.

EDIT: Or maybe I was hit by more than one bullet?

I don’t think force saves you from turrets.