IGNORED

Returning NintendoAge user.

Hello again! I was a pretty regular member at the old NintendoAge site towards the end of its run, but I took a break from it as I felt I had worn out my welcome a little bit. NintendoAge disbanded during my break from the site, and I didn't really know if the old community still existed. Recently I got nostalgic for NintendoAge, and I decided to start looking around for the community.

I know I used to be extremely opinionated and start pointless arguments about stupid video game stuff, but over time I've learned to just play and enjoy games again without getting overly passionate about them. I've recently been playing games on the HD systems I never played much of, such as the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and Switch.

I know I was a bit of a wild card at times on NintendoAge, but hopefully I can convince you all that I'm a much more relaxed person now. Things are going very well in my life right now too. I'll be around, but I won't go on any big rants this time. 😄

As a little tongue in cheek gag, my avatar is fan art of Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow; a game I used to talk about like an insane person. Sorry about that, if anyone even remembers.

It's good to be back!

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
14 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

Hello again! I was a pretty regular member at the old NintendoAge site towards the end of its run, but I took a break from it as I felt I had worn out my welcome a little bit. NintendoAge disbanded during my break from the site, and I didn't really know if the old community still existed. Recently I got nostalgic for NintendoAge, and I decided to start looking around for the community.

I know I used to be extremely opinionated and start pointless arguments about stupid video game stuff, but over time I've learned to just play and enjoy games again without getting overly passionate about them. I've recently been playing games on the HD systems I never played much of, such as the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and Switch.

I know I was a bit of a wild card at times on NintendoAge, but hopefully I can convince you all that I'm a much more relaxed person now. Things are going very well in my life right now too. I'll be around, but I won't go on any big rants this time. 😄

As a little tongue in cheek gag, my avatar is fan art of Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow; a game I used to talk about like an insane person. Sorry about that, if anyone even remembers.

It's good to be back!

No worries, I never was on NA so no pre-judging here 😉.  Also I love to have another "modern" player/fan in the fold.  We can be a fans of all types and era of gaming and not pigeon hold to one.

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

35 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

No worries, I never was on NA so no pre-judging here 😉.  Also I love to have another "modern" player/fan in the fold.  We can be a fans of all types and era of gaming and not pigeon hold to one.

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Gaming is fun all the time. 🙂 Though I've been shocked and amused by how many games release completely unfinished these days. It's pretty entertaining actually.

The most recent purchase I made was Shantae Half Genie Hero for Wii U. It's pretty good, and at its best moments feels like a long lost Genesis title. The visual design, boss fights, and Shantae's movement speed feel extremely Genesis like.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Splain said:

Duuuude, welcome back! I remember you didn't shy away from hard GB games back on the NA Beat Every GB Game threads. Good to see you on VGS!

Yeah, I did some pretty tough ones back then. 🙂Quarth, Wave Race, Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World, Battle Bull, Atomic Punk, Battletoads in Ragnarok, Amazing Penguin, Sneaky Snakes, BurgerTime Deluxe, Bionic Commando, Solar Striker, F-1 Race, a bunch of others I can't even remember. I'd have to consult my old list of completed GB games on Google Sheets.

Mostly Quarth though. That's one of the hardest games I ever beat, if not THE hardest. 😅 Wave Race becomes easy the more you play it. It's a pretty rough first playthrough though, with the fourth race being a particularly large hurdle.

I tried to run the thread a couple times back then since I was so knowledgeable about the Game Boy's library, but I could never stick with it as the pressure stressed me out. Sorry about that. 😅

Editorials Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, PekoponTAS said:

Yeah, I did some pretty tough ones back then. 🙂Quarth, Wave Race, Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World, Battle Bull, Atomic Punk, Battletoads in Ragnarok, Amazing Penguin, Sneaky Snakes, BurgerTime Deluxe, Bionic Commando, Solar Striker, F-1 Race, a bunch of others I can't even remember. I'd have to consult my old list of completed GB games on Google Sheets.

Mostly Quarth though. That's one of the hardest games I ever beat, if not THE hardest. 😅 Wave Race becomes easy the more you play it. It's a pretty rough first playthrough though, with the fourth race being a particularly large hurdle.

I tried to run the thread a couple times back then since I was so knowledgeable about the Game Boy's library, but I could never stick with it as the pressure stressed me out. Sorry about that. 😅

Just do what I do and never update it. 😅 guess I'll go do that now...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...