IGNORED

Featured Member November 2022: Lynda Monica

Splain

23 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

FYI to anyone who is left wondering what happened to Lynda Monica, she left this message on the "general" room of the VGS Discord sometime this past Sunday (11/13/2022):

"I'm going to be taking another break from gaming, as well as the internet. I've really enjoyed going back to the Wii, Wii U and 3DS, but now I'm kind of finished playing everything I wanted to. I'm not sure how active I'll be on the site from now on, but I want to start saving up money again, and not wasting too much on games.

As much as I've loved my time on the forum, I think it's been bad for my spending habits. I was slowly building up Wii U games for about two years before joining the site, when I kind of went spending crazy.

I'm not going to make a big leaving post on the site as that's really lame and annoying to forum users, but I thought I'd post it in here just so some people know. In case people wonder where I've gone, there's a record of it somewhere.

Sage was a great place and I had lots of fun. Maybe I'll come back at some point, but for now I'm going to quietly sneak out. Thanks for the good times guys. 👋"

Screenshot below.

Hide contents

spacer.png

Hopefully she comes back soon, I always enjoyed reading her posts. 

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
17 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully she comes back soon, I always enjoyed reading her posts. 

wtf, i agree with you instead of fighting with you over who has the biggest balls highest score in the post nes weekly contests........

I feel gross 😉  jk buddy, miss the banter we had together 😊

5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

wtf, i agree with you instead of fighting with you over who has the biggest balls highest score in the post nes weekly contests........

I feel gross 😉  jk buddy, miss the banter we had together 😊

I guess we will both have to try and play more next season so we can remedy that.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

The interesting thing about Wii / U & 3 / DS is that all the games are free. Hopefully anyone who just wants to game doesn't ever feel the need to go on a shopping spree to play them. 

There are plenty of people who don't consider piracy and free to be the same thing. Some people feel weird about it.

Edited by PekoponTAS

8 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

There are plenty of people who don't consider piracy and free to be the same thing. Some people feel weird about it.

If they're retired consoles/handhelds I don't feel the least bit weird about it.  Like Jimbo would say, it's all about preserving history!

10 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

I know what you mean but the 3DS specifically bc of gm9 let's you dump all your own games onto an SD card so realistically you can a friend and share game files.

People are generally uninformed when it comes to modern homebrew scene.

Even to really pirate the 3DS games you just scan a QR codes w your console and download it. It actually can't be simpler. 

I do a little of both to be perfectly honest. For more modern stuff I like to collect and play with the real stuff, but for older systems with save batteries that fail constantly, I tend to prefer emulation. Though if I could get my hands on a CRT again, I'd go back to real hardware in a heartbeat.

With the Wii U and 3DS I still feel a little weird about it since you can technically still buy them digitally on the eShop. (Even though I still buy them used off eBay, so it might as well be no different)

Though this is a discussion for another thread, and honestly one that has no clear answer anyway. It's been beaten to death, and people just have differing views on it. I didn't mean to be antagonistic or anything, and it's true that if you're okay with homebrew, there are endless benefits to it. I guess I'm just a little too much of a purist. 😞

As for Lynda, it looks like she was fun. A shame she left, as it looks like she was an interesting person. : (

• Like 1