IGNORED

Value of Game Boy Pocket -- Golden, Nintendo Power 100th Issue Edition?

RH

Anyone know a fair price for one of these:

image.thumb.jpeg.b508a885d16b0e6cb8becfc521d41e38.jpeg

Worthpoint.com has a historical eBay sale, but I'm not signing up for that.  Anyone know what one of these is worth in good shape?  Also, I know these were a Nintendo Power giveaway but how many were made?  I'm guessing 100 because, you know, "100" but I'd like to be sure.

21 minutes ago, Splain said:

I'd be a little surprised if it went for just 100, since the Nintendo Power gold N64 controller and gold GB camera go for hundreds.

No he meant how many were issued - he thought because it was a Nintendo Power “100” there were 100 devices issued. 

@RH this link puts the count between 500-1000: https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/game-boy-pocket-np100

Edited by a3quit4s

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

No he meant how many were issued - he thought because it was a Nintendo Power “100” there were 100 devices issued. 

@RH this link puts the count between 500-1000: https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/game-boy-pocket-np100

Thanks.  Any clue what one might be worth?

12 minutes ago, RH said:

Thanks.  Any clue what one might be worth?

Without historical data that is tough. For me it would depend on how much I paid and how long do I have to get rid of it. I might be able to get $1,500 quick or hold out for the right buyer for $3k+. Its going to be one of those you and the buyer are comfortable on the price but I wouldn’t take any less than $1k I don’t think. 

Someone else may have recent experience on one of these in a private sale though. 

edit: is it @CodysGameRoom with the redic Game Boy collection?

Edited by a3quit4s

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Without historical data that is tough. For me it would depend on how much I paid and how long do I have to get rid of it. I might be able to get $1,500 quick or hold out for the right buyer for $3k+. Its going to be one of those you and the buyer are comfortable on the price but I wouldn’t take any less than $1k I don’t think. 

Someone else may have recent experience on one of these in a private sale though. 

edit: is it @CodysGameRoom with the redic Game Boy collection?

the last one i saw sold in 2020 was for 3800.  i looking for the link. but in today market i would agree with @a3quit4s1500-5500  the production quote and real count maybe smaller.  i have seen just 4 units and one was without the 100 sticker.   @NeXmetalis the resident expert on the GB Pockets.

• Like 1

Daaaang...

Well, I was hoping it was more around $500.  I can move some stuff around.  I spotted one (and someone else could easily as well).  There's someone with one online looking to potentially sell.  If I had a couple thousand set aside for collecting, I'd be picking this one up.

I actually didn't start getting NP until right around the 100th Issue and I vaguely recall these.  It was a good time game-wise for me, and I'd love to own this.  But not at that price.  So far the seller has not responded to be willing to trade.  I would very much be willing to do that.

• Agree 1