IGNORED

Wata graded ROM hacks

What do you think, is it authentic? I mean WATA is there to confirm authenticity right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185281262536?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=gr_fxhfxt6a&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=HKl5F70OTMq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Β 

B8FA5873-FBFA-4129-8895-B613DECCDB52.thumb.jpeg.c1c50fc590f6fb97726953a3489b82b1.jpeg

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

Its authentically fake.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

They grade authenticity, not whether the game was retail released. This one is authentic.

while true, Β wata’s business model is to put everything possible in a case with a number on it. Β The authenticating is something required to properly identify something.Β 
Β 

There is nothing stopping them from grading anything, even fake or β€œreproduction” items but just labeling as such. Β While inherently stupid IMO, Im not surprised they dont do more homebrews, reproductions, LRG etc. its easy money.Β 
Β 

Β 

Made in china aliexpress n64 game? Buy it brand new, send it in for an easy 9.8 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Seriously though in Wata’s defense, its clearly labeled as a rom hack with repro box.Β 

Edited by MrWunderful

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Wait, so would they grade my Hungry Ghost Night sealed games? I just stuck them in baggies, and taped them closed.Β 

Yes, they will grade our arts and crafts projects. Personally, I am going to get this one printed on a box, and sealed. A store I know has a resealing machine, it'll be easy. No need for a game or manual contents inside, it's sealed so they have no idea what's inside. I'll just throw a one direction game in there or something for the weight. Hopefully they give me a good grade and I can sell for $2k or more!

pikachuday.jpg.3977ee154ef72e5e4b8ecbdc17d88ff9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Link said:

🀣 so what does that even mean??

Everything that exists is β€œauthentic” 🀣🀣🀣

Β 

I was thinking- what If I made a repro game, and went out of my way to make sure everything was perfect. Every corner and edge, every printed line. The goal would to be the first 10.0. 1 of 1, 10.0 grade A++ seal. Then sell for 60 mil and retire.Β 

34 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

There is a big difference between an "authentic fake" and a "fake fake,"Β  and thank God that WATA is here to tell us the difference.Β  They are doing the Lord's work.Β Β 

Well there definitely are different kinds of fakes, but that's a rabbit hole I don't even want to head down this late at night.Β 

I would suspect if WATA graded a CIB copy of 2008 8-bit Xmas the consensus of people probably wouldn’t care. Β I don’t even think the box was originally sold with the xmas carts.Β 
Β 

Assuming my assumption is correct, how would this be different?Β 
Β 

if my assumption is incorrect please let me know. Β 

59 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

Assuming my assumption is correct, how would this be different?Β 

It wouldn't be different. But WATA should not be grading reproduction/rom hacks/etc.

Is the ROM hack I posted in the first post supposed to be graded keeping in mind that there is a game inside? Who knows if there is actually a game inside? If there is, who knows if it's actually the right cartridge? There's zero way to authenticate that. It's not like verifying an original H-seam.Β 

There might be no game inside and people wouldn't have a clue, and would be duped. It's not forthright to grade this stuff. It shouldn't be graded. It's shady as fuck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

It wouldn't be different. But WATA should not be grading reproduction/rom hacks/etc.

Is the ROM hack I posted in the first post supposed to be graded keeping in mind that there is a game inside? Who knows if there is actually a game inside? If there is, who knows if it's actually the right cartridge? There's zero way to authenticate that. It's not like verifying an original H-seam.Β 

There might be no game inside and people wouldn't have a clue, and would be duped. It's not forthright to grade this stuff. It shouldn't be graded. It's shady as fuck.

They don't provide that service, Wata does not guarantee anything inside a sealed box. I have seen sealed boxes opened with the wrong game inside, they got mixed up at the factory. In this case, Wata cannot guarantee anything inside the box.

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

They don't provide that service, Wata does not guarantee anything inside a sealed box. I have seen sealed boxes opened with the wrong game inside, they got mixed up at the factory. In this case, Wata cannot guarantee anything inside the box.

Really? Β You have seen this plural, as more than once? Β That sounds like a lie, would love to see some proof.Β 
Β 

Β 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Why do you staunchly defend them even after they screwed you personally but fucking up your Zelda game? I don't understand it.Β 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

OK. TWO.

I now have two major criticisms of Wata.

1. Wata should not be engaging in game valuations without a third party providing the prices for them. A game is more valuable if it has a higher grade, they charge more for your item if it grades higher, therefor they have a financial motive to artificially increase the grades of some items.
  2. They have no business grading counterfeit, bootleg, and pirated items.
  • Like 1