IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament details!

BeaIank

It's amazing to me that none of the NES wrestling games that licensed real wrestling promotion entities were worth a crap, while the two that featured made up wrestlers (Pro Wrestling and Tecmo World Wrestling) were awesome.

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

NES Pro Wrestling is awesome. King Slender was based off of Ric Flair, so you should like it since the WCW game really is terrible.

45 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It's amazing to me that none of the NES wrestling games that licensed real wrestling promotion entities were worth a crap, while the two that featured made up wrestlers (Pro Wrestling and Tecmo World Wrestling) were awesome.

Meh… they all suck

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I actually dig the original Wrestlemania game, mainly for the tournament mode.  Get a few guys and a bunch of beers and it's a fun multiplayer night.  Well, unless you're the sucker who's stuck with Honky Tonk Man 😛

I had a friend that owned the game when I was a kid and we used to get together and play the tournament mode too. It was one of those games that was so ridiculously bad that it ended up being kinda fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I actually dig the original Wrestlemania game, mainly for the tournament mode.  Get a few guys and a bunch of beers and it's a fun multiplayer night.  Well, unless you're the sucker who's stuck with Honky Tonk Man 😛

It's not horrible, but it's incredibly limited when you compare it to Pro Wrestling or especially Tecmo's wrestling game. I think @DefaultGen posted a video on how easy it is to cheese the AI.

Not as bad as Steel Cage Challenge, though. That shit's horrid.

I guess it's just weird to me that Nintendo had such a good wrestling game early in the NES lifespan, and only Tecmo really improved on it. Everything else was a step (or more) back.

Edited by Tulpa