IGNORED

Multiple e-mails

Gamegearguy

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Gamegearguy said:

I keep getting these annoying "Did this answer your question?" e-mails from Video Game Sage. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it stop.

Hmmm.... maybe the next e-mail will answer you question

i can't lol GIF by globaltv

@Gloves, is this something that is a known issue you are working on?

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
51 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They've told me to disable non-updated plugins, as they may be causing bugs. It's rough cuz it's not clear which might be causing the issue. 

I guess I'll have to shotgun it and see if people keep getting the emails. 

It just sucks since the emails are so inconsistent, it'd be really hard to tell if they've actually stopped happening, or if it's just a bit of downtime before they start happening again.

I get these about once every month or two.  It started maybe 6-9 months ago.  Whatever the issue is, it definitely seems spotty but it's been going on a a while.

I have subbed to a lot of topics. Maybe it's related, but I don't think the emails necessarily correlate to topics I've subbed too.

6 minutes ago, RH said:

I get these about once every month or two.  It started maybe 6-9 months ago.  Whatever the issue is, it definitely seems spotty but it's been going on a a while.

I have subbed to a lot of topics. Maybe it's related, but I don't think the emails necessarily correlate to topics I've subbed too.

I've not (manually?) subbed to any and I got one a week or two ago about my trade post that I put up around Halloween that had already been resolved, so I'd wager that probably doesn't have anything to do with it.

Social Team · Posted

My favorite is when I got the "did this solve your question" and it quoted me responding to my own post.  I'll say it was the first time I got one and that was like last week.  This sounds very very hit or miss on what causes it to trigger.  Do you think there is enough AI to pick up on people asking for questions/help?  

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

@Bearcat-Doug pretty sure i unsubscribed from stuff like that when i first joined, but i will look......kinda think its a glitch as i didnt wanna receive 50 billion emails from vgs about threads.

Yeah I thought I unsubscribed from emails too when I joined but I guess maybe those are something new because I hadn't started getting them until recently.

On 11/13/2022 at 2:13 AM, Gloves said:

To those experiencing this:

Please let me know if you continue getting these emails! I've applied an update to the core system which may resolve the issue. Hopefully so!

FYI, I got one overnight, with it marked as 2:42 AM Eastern this morning.  Whatever you've disabled so far apparently isn't the culprit.  If it helps, I've only gotten them based on topics that I've created, apparently when someone else responds to those threads.  Let me/us know if you'd like examples forwarded to you, in case you think there might be any hints hidden somewhere in what's sent.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

FYI, I got one overnight, with it marked as 2:42 AM Eastern this morning.  Whatever you've disabled so far apparently isn't the culprit.  If it helps, I've only gotten them based on topics that I've created, apparently when someone else responds to those threads.  Let me/us know if you'd like examples forwarded to you, in case you think there might be any hints hidden somewhere in what's sent.

Fur sure, if you can forward to this address it might help: videogamesageforum@gmail.com

• Like 1