IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon 2!

BeaIank

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It looks like Chase is out 4-6 weeks with a hip injury, so you might want to put in a backup.

Daaammmnnn ittt. Only playing in two leagues this year and he my first round pick in both. Didnt he finish the game last week? Practice injury?

Alright, @docile tapeworm, you can be first to get this offer. I have 5 good rbs and now need a primo wr. All are on the table but walker III, my fellow msu alum and badass

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Daaammmnnn ittt. Only playing in two leagues this year and he my first round pick in both. Didnt he finish the game last week? Practice injury?

Alright, @docile tapeworm, you can be first to get this offer. I have 5 good rbs and now need a primo wr. All are on the table but walker III, my fellow msu alum and badass

I’ll take a look but I’m feeling good about my rb stable. Btw Fin already got your number. Told me to sit andrews like 15 minutes before kick off.

also looking like my Tyler Boyd pick up is gonna get interesting.

Edited by docile tapeworm

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Supposedly he hurt it against the Saints and aggravated it right before halftime last week against the Falcons. He did finish the game, but I guess it's one of those nagging injuries that's not going to heal without rest.

8 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I know what I'm not, and that's a DD2 speedrunner. I played it as safe as I could.

I beat the final boss with jump kicks, probably the slowest strat lol.

I'm not either. Did you time your run at all? A regular playthrough takes me about 20 minutes so I really didn't improve much even when I did try to speed it up.

This is a completion/fastest time contest so points don't matter. If you're not timing your run then just try to get as far as you can.

Also everyone make sure you're playing on Supreme Master difficulty. I assume it's required even though it's not in the rules since you can't fight the final boss otherwise. It's not much harder anyway.

Edited by mbd39

1 hour ago, TWarwick07 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b5f01645059194126ee4108080df6a85.jpeg

Hope this is better than last place. Still collecting but not playing as much as usual. Shoutout to everyone still playing the weekly contests , glad to see it still going strong, When is Kung Fu coming back around .

Kung Fu was the fourth contest this year. I missed it too somehow. Good to see you!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TWarwick07 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b5f01645059194126ee4108080df6a85.jpeg

Hope this is better than last place. Still collecting but not playing as much as usual. Shoutout to everyone still playing the weekly contests , glad to see it still going strong, When is Kung Fu coming back around .

Is that an NWC controller?  If so then fuck me, man!!! I am super duper jealous... 😮

On 10/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

You need to keep playing. I'm getting close to you on the overall leaderboard and I've barely played this season!

Played some more and got further. Will play some more tonight, but theres no way I learned all those crazy jumps at the end in time to compete with ya. 

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Played some more and got further. Will play some more tonight, but theres no way I learned all those crazy jumps at the end in time to compete with ya. 

The mansion of terror and the trap room are what's keeping me from getting a better time. It's kind of hard to blow through these parts on a one life contest without having some bad luck.

4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, I have had absolutely no time to play this week.  I'll try and get a participation picture some time Sunday between football games, but this one's already in the bag for 3.141592...

That sounds like something @docile tapeworm would say and then post his winning score that he's been sitting on for days 5 minutes before the contest ends. 😂

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I tried again yesterday and I finished with a time about 10 seconds higher than what I already have. I was hoping I could get in the 15 minute range since I think the world record is just under 11, but speedrunning just isn't something I can get into. I'd rather just play at a normal pace and enjoy the game.

11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, I have had absolutely no time to play this week.  I'll try and get a participation picture some time Sunday between football games, but this one's already in the bag for 3.141592...

I think I'm done so maybe you or @PII can beat me. I had a better run this morning, but I tried to use knees on the final boss instead of playing it safe and he took me out. I probably would have been able to knock about a minute and a half off my time had I finished the game.