IGNORED

Chibi Monster Brawl (NES - demo / 1-4 Players)

dale_coop

I hesitated a long time before sharing it here...

This is Chibi Monster Brawl (CHIBI MONSTER BR4WL), the small game I made for the NESmaker Byte Off competition 2022.
Up to 4 players can play together (with the Four Score accessory for the NES).

ChibiMonsterBrawl-Promo-Purple.thumb.PNG.f9ec9f8e1324c739c62cb54cfe9b8b83.PNG

STORY:

Legendary monsters have returned from the grave... and they are hungry! Play as vampire, zombie, ghost or banshee. Bash ,brawl, and bounce your way to gobble up boogly boo berries. (An excellent source of calcium when served with milk). Get the most to win and become Grand-Chomp-ion! Chibi Monster Brawl is best played with a group of friends! Custom code was created for this game demo allowing 4 players to play together at the same time. "Wait a second! I thought the original NES only had two controllers?" Yes, while true, a special adapter for the NES called a "Multi-tap / Four Score" was released in late 1980s. This allowed 4 players to play the select few NES games that supported it-- which now includes this ByteOff III Game! Join us in reviving one of the most ambitious peripherals for the NES! Download Chibi Monster Brawl's ROM and play two player in your emulator. Or, use it with an online service that supports four players.

(My recommendations: Download the rom, put it on your Everdrive or flash a NES cart and go play with your friends! Up to four players can play together, with an accessory like the Four Score for the NES. A 1 player mode is also available)

DOWNLOADS:

Feel free to download the ROM from ➡️ HERE ⬅️

CONTROLS:

"Left/Right" directional buttons to move left/right
"Start" on the title screen to start the game
"Select" on menu screens to select an option
"A" button to jump
"B" button to shoot when the player has the magic power

CREDITS:

Game idea and code: dale_coop
Graphics: Fernando J. Fernandez
Music & SFX: Jordan "Rafronaut" Davis
Huge help from Adam "Artix" Bohn
NESmaker software (by Joe Granato of The New 8bit Heroes)

FOLLOW ME:

On Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/dale_coop

cAlL4r.png.ed72aa4d6e9aa0d21e9eb7a1dba60e14.png Rs4yMk.png.b42488d63b3d9c3f63fe20b4afe5cd89.png 

• Love 3

idk why you hesitated to post this, but I just gave it a quick go and it's a lot of fun! Can't wait to get some friends together for it.

Long shot question I'm sure, but do you know if it would work in NesterDC? I don't have a Four Score (or flash cart for that matter, yet) but Dreamcast has 4 controllers.

• Love 1

For the RGC 2022 (vg convention in France), I made a special edition of Chibi Monster Brawl, with custom colors and logo… 

Five cartridges was exclusively available for sale during the convention.
(We all had a lot of fun playing all together)

970719C3-9A3B-4A6F-BFF7-002CC7730CF9.thumb.jpeg.4bc11c914f97451c153e7d07664950eb.jpeg

https://twitter.com/dale_coop/status/1584306287030198272

• Wow! 2

On 10/22/2022 at 7:54 AM, Link said:

idk why you hesitated to post this, but I just gave it a quick go and it's a lot of fun! Can't wait to get some friends together for it.

Long shot question I'm sure, but do you know if it would work in NesterDC? I don't have a Four Score (or flash cart for that matter, yet) but Dreamcast has 4 controllers.

@dale_coop Are you planning on doing a Famicom release of this?

I've got components and custom mapper 30 pcbs I can hand make Famicom carts of this if you just want to do a few on demand for people interested.

• Love 1