IGNORED

Anyone pick up Just Dance 2020 for the Wii on 11/05?

RH

Did you buy Just Dance 2020 for the Wii?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy Just Dance 2020 for the Wii?

• No.
    • Absolutely not.

Wouldn't surprise me if there are just enough collectors out there that either want complete Wii sets, or just want to have the "last game" for the Wii.  These guys for the next 20 years are gonna single-handedly keep the Wii alive because the 1,500 keep buying the game hoping it will be "just the last one."  Hahaha.

5 minutes ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

In a statement to GI.biz, a Ubisoft spokesperson said: “We would like to clarify that Just Dance 2020 will be the last Ubisoft title to release on Wii. We can’t speak on behalf of other publishers or for Nintendo.”

Well that's sad. I mean. I don't want it but someone out there is going to be disappointed that they can't keep dancing on their Wii.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, Tulpa said:

Ubisoft said that they kept making it because people kept buying it. I mean, it's pretty easy to keep the game engine and just add some new songs every year.

Had the Wii not went offline years ago, I think the market for hip hop/pop releases as DLC would probably be pretty lucrative.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, RH said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there are just enough collectors out there that either want complete Wii sets, or just want to have the "last game" for the Wii.  These guys for the next 20 years are gonna single-handedly keep the Wii alive because the 1,500 keep buying the game hoping it will be "just the last one."  Hahaha.

I know VGChartz is basically hearsay and magic based on NPD numbers, but apparently Just Dance 2019 sold 240,000 copies on Wii. No way is that a bunch of weirdo full set collectors. I know my Walmart always has 1-2 years of Just Dance in stock for Wii.

27 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I know VGChartz is basically hearsay and magic based on NPD numbers, but apparently Just Dance 2019 sold 240,000 copies on Wii. No way is that a bunch of weirdo full set collectors. I know my Walmart always has 1-2 years of Just Dance in stock for Wii.

I believe you are reporting what you are reading, but I don't believe those numbers.  Never heard of VGChartz, but I'm calling 100% BS on this.  Maybe... Maybe places like Target just bought 50k units, Wal-Mart did the same and some other places distributed that, but I can't see why they would buy so many unless they had the option to return unused stock.  If that's the case, it could be close to an initial ship quantity, but missing returns.  I mean, there aren't that many retirement centers in the US buying these games to keep their clients moving.

Edited by RH

3 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

This will be the last Wii game, right? If so, I’ll buy it.

If Ubisoft meant it when they said they were making no more Ubisoft titles after this one, then yes.  Ubisoft has been the only one making Wii titles for the past few years, from my observation.