IGNORED

VGS Bingo 2022 - Submissions Thread [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

Bingo! If I didn't make a mistake I should have a cross by now. T3 wasn't in there for me, but it was still a lot of fun. I would also like to thank @ZeldaFreak(and everyone else who might have helped behind the scenes) for organizing this bingo challenge. It was fun doing the challenges and also a lot of fun looking at what other people here have accomplished despite the short amount of time!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted

OK, I THINK I've got everyone tallied up by now. Too many people who got a bingo or an X/cross to even count individually, you'll all get your congrats in the post-mortem thread, haha.

Only one hour to go now!

^ Ignore that, lost track of time for a second there, haha. THREE hours to go now! 😅

31 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

@ZeldaFreak, I've completed "Pew," but am having to wait on YouTube to slow-as-molasses accept my upload before I can flip over a link for submission/verification.  Fingers crossed it'll be finished by around 9:00!

No worries, I won't be an ass about last minute submissions, if it's clear you completed the challenge before the event ended and just didn't get the chance to actually submit it in time, I'll still count it.

Events Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Last quick question, waiting on @Splain to "like" my post. Since I "liked" his post confirming the trade, that counts for both right?

Correct, having both people like the other's post is just an easy way for me to see that both parties have acknowledged that the trade has been agreed to, it's not an absolute requirement, just makes things a bit easier for me.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

No worries, I won't be an ass about last minute submissions, if it's clear you completed the challenge before the event ended and just didn't get the chance to actually submit it in time, I'll still count it.

@ZeldaFreak, fire in the hole!  Uploads and processing on both parts (apparently my phone chopped the last 33 seconds off onto its own video for some reason) are complete, with links in my submission post.  Might want to put that one on in the background, as it's a bit over a half hour!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/16/2022 at 11:59 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Submission: Pew

Hide contents

Part 1 (99.99% of the playthrough):

Part 2 (literal last 33 seconds of the end of the playthrough):

Man, I love how that turned out! Obviously I didn't watch the whole thing, just skimmed through it to make sure it functioned as I expected, but I'm really impressed by the creativity here (and you taking advantage of the fact that I technically didn't specify it HAD to be a video game, haha.) Very well done!

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I did it. I did the thing. Beat a N64 game not previously beaten in the thread. Destruction derby ftw!

Heeey there we go, see that wasn't so bad, haha.

Coming up on the last hour here pretty soon! (for real this time, haha.)

Events Team · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Squeaked my last entry in at the stroke of midnight, although VGS didn't show it as having processed the edit until 12:01.  Fingers crossed you'll give me that few seconds of leeway, @ZeldaFreak, as not even I could get a whole blog written in a minute, lol!

You're all good, like I said I won't be an ass about last minute submissions, haha

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

You're all good, like I said I won't be an ass about last minute submissions, haha

Thank you!  I really wanted to get a Genesis and N64 game done as well, but alas, due to yesterday, I lost about 24 hours and had to fit in what I could.  Maybe next time!  Thanks for the event, it was a blast!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Working on the post-mortem thread now, but I will say @darkchylde28, I noticed you got 4 lines in total. I thought about it for a bit, and the outline charm obviously requires 4 lines, one on each side. However, for the cross/X charm, I allowed two horizontal or vertical lines in any direction to count, so long as they intersected at some point. So, I figured, why not do the same for the Outline charm, have any 4 horizontal or vertical lines count? You did clear the vast majority of the board, so I do think that's deserving of the tier 3 charm. So, congrats on being the only person to secure the outline charm, and I'm pretty sure also the first person in VGS Bingo history to secure the outline charm! Congrats!

• Love 1

• The title was changed to VGS Bingo 2022 - Submissions Thread [ENDED]
  • The topic was unpinned
Graphics Team · Posted
12 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Also, man, I'm sad we didn't get a new @CasualCart Bingo vid this year 😔

Me, too. I had grand plans to make one - but I just didn't have the bandwidth to complete enough challenges, let alone spend hours and hours recording, animating, and editing a video together.

Maybe next year you can do Bingo during a less-busy month, or extend the timeline to 2 weeks?

-CasualCart 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
32 minutes ago, Red said:

I don't know who that is in @spacepup's avatar, but I thought I'd try animating him. 

spacepup.gif.f97d8460e5986780b5e1d22b51c471a8.gif

I know this is late and won't count for anything, but I'm okay with that.  I wasn't going for bingo, I just wanted to try doing some pixel art again. 

omg I love it!!!  Thanks for doing it, this is great!

It is the protagonist Bojji in the series Ranking of Kings, which is a very unique series that I love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranking_of_Kings

Your depiction is fantastic and I love it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Ok what the hell is this?

It's a Saturn demo disc that came in a long box with unique labeling, no bar code, and an RP rating.  I've spent a lot of time and effort trying to find out more information on this demo and even trying to find another copy with absolutely no luck.  I tried back on NintendoAge and SegaAge when they were still around and active.  I also tried AtariAge along with some other forums.  For a while now, I've been looking for a similar copy on eBay, but I've never been able to find a long box with the RP rating.  I've gotten lots of responses from people over the years expressing interest, but no one has ever had any information about it.  I worked with  @spacepup getting the data dumped to redump.org and he was able to confirm that data was unique to their database.  I wish I knew more, and I'm certainly open to listen to anyone who might have any more information on it.  

• Like 1