IGNORED

VGS Bingo 2022 - Submissions Thread [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Sorry @avatar!, I decided to butcher your profile pic.

Casual Art submission

VHDZb4s.jpg

In case it isn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of the Team Ico games and I enjoy getting my hands on anything related to the series, which mostly consists of books and soundtracks.

Souvenir submission

yp5y9gL.jpg

I have a number of imports, but these are some of my favorites.

Across the Pond submission

YM7DeDA.jpg

I was able to acquire this Charm today by purchasing a shirt.  As I mentioned in the other thread, I had wanted to buy a shirt for a while, but never got around to it.  So seeing the How Charming tile in the Bingo contest seemed like as good of a reason as any to finally pull the trigger.

How Charming submission

gg4Hifx.jpg

If this one doesn't count I won't be offended, but I think it's worth including.  I swapped the wiring for buttons 1 and 2 on one of my Master System controllers.  This causes the buttons to work in the opposite of a normal controller.  You might ask why someone would do this.  The answer is simple:  Many Master System platformers have the run and jump buttons backwards to what a typical Nintendo player would consider normal.  This makes some games unplayable for me and by simply reversing the wires, game like Alex Kidd will play just like a Mario game.  I keep another controller original in case I don't need the swapped buttons.  It was a super simple mod, but it makes some games I would consider unplayable much more fund.  If this doesn't count, I have other more traditional mods I've done that I can take pictures of.  

New and Improved submission

gDxoWMM.jpg

This is another one that I'm not sure about.  I've been trying to research this "demo" for a few years now and I have yet to find another matching copy.  It looks like a regular demo disc, but it came in a traditional Sega Saturn long box with artwork including an RP rating and lacking a bar code.  I was able to confirm that the data on the disc is unique from the actual game and had not yet been dumped on redump.org.  I've searched eBay and multiple other forums looking for another copy with no luck.  So I will leave it up to the admins whether this counts for It Belongs in a Museum

It Belongs in a Museum submission

UO0GXuL.jpg

YtxCtqv.jpg

For New and Improved, man that REALLY is on the edge of whether or not that counts, hahaha. Hm... I would say in this case it wouldn't count, since it doesn't follow the written criteria for the challenge (Item must have had an original part replaced with a noticeably different part, such as an improved analog stick or d-pad, or have had something brand new added to it, such as a backlight when it previously did not have one,) although that is super super neat all the same. See if you can post one of the other mods you mentioned instead, I'm sure one of those would probably count towards it. Sorry, just tryin' to stick to the criteria for all the challenges to a T just to keep things fair for everyone!

For It Belongs in a Museum, I'm fairly confident that released games never had the RP rating, I'm pretty sure that's exclusively used for promotional purposes beforehand and/or games that, indeed, haven't been officially released yet, so I'll give that one to you.

Overall looking good other than New and Improved (and even that one I went back and forth on a couple times on whether that counts.) Love all the Team Ico stuff you have.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

For New and Improved, man that REALLY is on the edge of whether or not that counts, hahaha. Hm... I would say in this case it wouldn't count, since it doesn't follow the written criteria for the challenge (Item must have had an original part replaced with a noticeably different part, such as an improved analog stick or d-pad, or have had something brand new added to it, such as a backlight when it previously did not have one,) although that is super super neat all the same. See if you can post one of the other mods you mentioned instead, I'm sure one of those would probably count towards it. Sorry, just tryin' to stick to the criteria for all the challenges to a T just to keep things fair for everyone!

For It Belongs in a Museum, I'm fairly confident that released games never had the RP rating, I'm pretty sure that's exclusively used for promotional purposes beforehand and/or games that, indeed, haven't been officially released yet, so I'll give that one to you.

Overall looking good other than New and Improved (and even that one I went back and forth on a couple times on whether that counts.) Love all the Team Ico stuff you have.

No worries.  I made another attempt with a different modded system.  

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/18/2022 at 11:14 AM, ZeldaFan042 said:

Bingo.png.fe4634f852ceb6997e3a78bc066afd9a.png

Across the Pond:

AcrossThePond.thumb.jpg.a0c757dc8cab1d039df663aaab5ee4a5.jpg

Glamour Shot:

GlamourShot.thumb.jpg.16b74ce81dc40c68cc747e958b2df0c8.jpg

Good as New:

GoodAsNew.jpg.a5bcd52a40ba4e5f178651eb26fa3c89.jpg

I bought this nonworking at a garage sale in ~2011. I replaced the fuse in it as one of my first soldering jobs with a cheap Radio Shack soldering iron.

Homegrown:

HomeGrown.thumb.jpg.fa9f05b52dadea6b59d1f8b2f37b8b05.jpg

How Charming:

image.png.cca80a091956100f646a2ad7a5bbfc24.pngimage.png.dfc42b327242904b2b0074f8e0c0652b.png

I bought a cool T-Shirt.

It Belongs in a Museum:

Museum.thumb.jpg.dd1f1497b0316524913d6fbdcdf936cb.jpg

New and Improved:

NewImproved.jpg.ab1b5bf06f552417723b08dd641728cc.jpg

I replaced the analog stick on the controller and modified the rumble pak to work without batteries.

Nintendo Sixty-Fooouuur:

Supportive:

image.png.2e0285618fee711251f1cb38f1f03d68.png

Souvenir:

Souvenir.thumb.jpg.77cad1f707b150f3f450ad3e6c4f2bc1.jpg

This tape is relatively obscure, and contains an interesting peek into the history of my favorite video game franchise. It's pretty neat.

Tools of the Trade:

Tools.thumb.jpg.5bda4d97ae62c5372b8d245b459daade.jpg

Screwdriver bits for screwing and unscrewing screws.

9 hours ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

Tracy Morgan Bingo GIF by Team Coco

Our first BINGO, let's go! C'mon, the rest of you guys need to keep up, y'all are slacking!

See if you can get the X now @ZeldaFan042, should be pretty doable I think!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Our first BINGO, let's go! C'mon, the rest of you guys need to keep up, y'all are slacking!

See if you can get the X now @ZeldaFan042, should be pretty doable I think!

Question - is it just an X, or is it also a Cross? Or a T? Those are all valid BINGO "things", but not sure if they count for this. 

Events Team · Posted
On 10/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, Gloves said:

Question - is it just an X, or is it also a Cross? Or a T? Those are all valid BINGO "things", but not sure if they count for this. 

A cross or an X would both qualify, a T wouldn't, I modified that from the original 2020 Bingo since the T felt like a bit of a stretch to me for that tier, haha.

^^^ I take it back, that's stupid, a T would totally qualify too, haha

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/16/2022 at 11:59 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Getting in queue like the cool kids.

Submission: Across the Pond

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Submission: It Belongs In A Mueseum

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Submission: Tools Of The Trade

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Submission: What If

Reveal hidden contents

I chose to recreate the Super Double Dragon logo in the style of Bubble Bobble, because once the idea popped into my head, I couldn't start inwardly giggling at how ridiculous that concept is.

spacer.png

Here's what the original logo looks like, in all its 80s/90s "badass" glory.  My art skills not withstanding, I should probably feel ashamed, but I don't, I just keep smirking, lol.

spacer.png

Submission: Good as New

Reveal hidden contents

This was a $5 pickup at the flea market a few years back.  Totally non functional, with obvious AA battery corrosion in the battery compartments, but overall in pretty great shape.  Inside everything was fine, beyond a little "fluff" that had crawled up the contacts from the battery compartment into the inner case.  Removing all of the old, bad caps and replacing them with brand new ones via a cap kit I ordered online, and this Game Gear roared back to life!

spacer.png

Submission: Souvenir

Reveal hidden contents

I originally picked these up because they were miniature arcade cabinets, and while I've always liked Pac-Man, I love Ms. Pac-Man.  These initially held a warm spot in my heart solely due to the fact that I picked them up when my son was just a baby, while we were on one of our various trips to Babies R Us and I happened to slip over into the other side of the store.  I began to absolutely adore the cabinets once I saw photos someone had posted showing off that they were nearly the right scale for 3 3/4" action figures, and had various Joes and Cobras set up on one machine or another as they were playing, with various other characters crowded around, either watching or hoping to get the next play.

spacer.png

All looks good, and congrats on our second official BINGO @nesmaster14! You're actually even closer to an X than @ZeldaFan042 is now, only 3 spots away and they're all pretty easy, see if you can get it!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/16/2022 at 11:59 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Submission: Done Deal

Hide contents

Completed trade via thread:

OK, now just to be clear here @darkchylde28, this wasn't a situation wherein you gave the copy of Pikmin to Rhap, then traded that for the copy of Metroid Prime, she already had the copy of Pikmin beforehand, which you then traded, correct? If so then we're all good, that still counts, but if you gave her the copy of Pikmin just to initiate the trade then I would have to classify that as straight up cheating and not count it 😉

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

OK, now just to be clear here @darkchylde28, this wasn't a situation wherein you gave the copy of Pikmin to Rhap, then traded that for the copy of Metroid Prime, she already had the copy of Pikmin beforehand, which you then traded, correct? If so then we're all good, that still counts, but if you gave her the copy of Pikmin just to initiate the trade then I would have to classify that as straight up cheating and not count it 😉

Correct, I had totally forgotten that Rhapsody had Pikmin.  If I were going to get something off of her super slick, I should have gotten her copy of Chibi Robo that I foolishly gave her forever ago, lol!  When I dumped all of my GC stuff a few years back, I only hung onto Metroid Prime (as I'd never played it), Eternal Darkness, and the Zelda disk that came with my system.  I remembered that she had Chibi Robo, and Animal Crossing, but had no recollection of her having Pikmin.  Wish she'd had Mario Sunshine, as I'd probably fare better at that one!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Correct, I had totally forgotten that Rhapsody had Pikmin.  If I were going to get something off of her super slick, I should have gotten her copy of Chibi Robo that I foolishly gave her forever ago, lol!  When I dumped all of my GC stuff a few years back, I only hung onto Metroid Prime (as I'd never played it), Eternal Darkness, and the Zelda disk that came with my system.  I remembered that she had Chibi Robo, and Animal Crossing, but had no recollection of her having Pikmin.  Wish she'd had Mario Sunshine, as I'd probably fare better at that one!

OK good, just wanted to be sure, hahaha.

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

FewRegalJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

Yup, that's our third BINGO, well done @JamesRobot! Keep it going though, you're actually halfway to a box, and after that, a blackout's not too far out! I'll be VERY impressed if anyone can manage either of those honestly.

Events Team · Posted
On 10/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, Jicsan said:

5CABD08C-93A8-47EC-9187-EDF35A889EF1.jpeg.db2a787fe7f756f15e8107b976a4feee.jpeg

Across the Pond:

05573A42-1068-4B2D-88CD-11D74F458974.jpeg.317e1b136d403531dbe0694087666c2d.jpeg

Casual Art:

33117D62-D4C2-4043-845C-06911CAE9A9A.png.795fb9a0669954a9c7a29ed7a7202f8c.png
How about @Tabonga.  His profile avatar is very distinctive and much easier to make than a ghost cat headed Link.

Clean as a Whistle:

6DE68BCF-649A-4C22-B1C7-16A939189775.thumb.jpeg.dd7cf595c079f60f8dabdd313eaeba83.jpeg
Before:  It has some ancient sticker from some rental store’s filing system right on the label.  And some sticky tape residue that I had previously only simply peeled the tape away.
B1E49B62-4DCB-4654-8E6A-E35B1AAD6E50.thumb.jpeg.bfec905e5941f32b7b4ad064fd4942e3.jpeg
After:  All the tape residue is off the shell and the super brittle mess of a sticker is gone revealing a lovely Nintendo Entertainment System logo.  Cleaning it didn’t leave a pristine label underneath but it’s better than it was.  Also gave the contacts a good swabbing.

Done Deal:

Good as New:

F63B1B1B-14FE-4515-9F28-B394F7BEC0BF.thumb.jpeg.2cd13bd20ac2d5e8de44387e4056f6cc.jpeg
Here’s my son’s Skyward Sword joycon he broke the rail off of when his switch fell off the bed.
D73761A3-E4A1-4607-AD6B-C70F86C0EC8E.jpeg.c99c5457bbccb3e217090a7e2d8528fb.jpeg
I surprised myself that I was able to get it back together And that it actually works. It’s been broken for many months and already replaced. Those ribbon cables are tiny so I added a pair a tweezers and a magnifying glass to my toolbox.  Took me a bit to figure out there is a tiny latch to hold down the ribbon cables.  Anyway, my son is glad to have his Zelda joycons back and VGS bingo finally motivated me to do it!

Homegrown:

3B89BBE9-17AC-485D-ACF3-26A0F155634E.thumb.jpeg.ce5a217ce090a86f2c4a154e7edde5b2.jpeg
Developed by Manganga Team.  It has a VGS logo right on it!

How Charming:

I bought a shirt way back when they first went up, this morning I went to the charms page and asked for the T-shirt charm and Deadeye hooked it up for me.  

It Belongs in a Museum:

635B2E3C-CE56-4523-9EEF-1E554537FA9B.jpeg.7e5b8152df152af6bedfed7bf39ab98f.jpeg
I have a “Not For Resale” Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap.

New and Improved:

9B3C53D1-4957-43A4-BD5B-5B16EEF16444.jpeg.e5aea63a01d83286f67b2cee2faa00c4.jpeg
This is my region switch modded Saturn.  Left two switches up for USA, right two switches up for Japanese games.  

Supportive:

DBC21F56-328F-49C6-8029-7D36543063EF.thumb.png.40809e6601135c93ff5c02fd4f4c8c39.png
I’m in for Long Haul, that reminds me that October is renewal month lol

Souvenir:

098E315D-B7A3-47FE-A7E8-399B9CF3D87E.thumb.jpeg.e6d493178ea688f9e17ca43b3d643cc4.jpeg
This is my Koji Igarashi autograph. I’ve posted this on VGS before, I met him at the GameStop managers conference the year he was there promoting Order of Ecclesia. It’s my favorite because I love Castlevania and I got to met Iga!

Tools of the Trade:

0779BE35-2674-4FD1-AAB6-F2BFD6A9A8DC.thumb.jpeg.02883cc9fd4e3e2b8584d0649b24764d.jpeg
Took some digging for me to find these guys, but here they are. Just your everyday security bit and tri-wings. Also  my cool SNES controller “toolbox” where I keep them.  I used some of these last year to install a replacement back on my son’s Switch. I’d have posted a pic of that but we upgraded to an Oled and I don’t have it anymore. 

On 10/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, TDIRunner said:

Sorry @avatar!, I decided to butcher your profile pic.

Casual Art submission

VHDZb4s.jpg

In case it isn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of the Team Ico games and I enjoy getting my hands on anything related to the series, which mostly consists of books and soundtracks.

Souvenir submission

yp5y9gL.jpg

I have a number of imports, but these are some of my favorites.

Across the Pond submission

YM7DeDA.jpg

I was able to acquire this Charm today by purchasing a shirt.  As I mentioned in the other thread, I had wanted to buy a shirt for a while, but never got around to it.  So seeing the How Charming tile in the Bingo contest seemed like as good of a reason as any to finally pull the trigger.

How Charming submission

gg4Hifx.jpg

If this one doesn't count I won't be offended, but I think it's worth including.  I swapped the wiring for buttons 1 and 2 on one of my Master System controllers.  This causes the buttons to work in the opposite of a normal controller.  You might ask why someone would do this.  The answer is simple:  Many Master System platformers have the run and jump buttons backwards to what a typical Nintendo player would consider normal.  This makes some games unplayable for me and by simply reversing the wires, game like Alex Kidd will play just like a Mario game.  I keep another controller original in case I don't need the swapped buttons.  It was a super simple mod, but it makes some games I would consider unplayable much more fund.  If this doesn't count, I have other more traditional mods I've done that I can take pictures of.  

New and Improved submission

gDxoWMM.jpg

This is another one that I'm not sure about.  I've been trying to research this "demo" for a few years now and I have yet to find another matching copy.  It looks like a regular demo disc, but it came in a traditional Sega Saturn long box with artwork including an RP rating and lacking a bar code.  I was able to confirm that the data on the disc is unique from the actual game and had not yet been dumped on redump.org.  I've searched eBay and multiple other forums looking for another copy with no luck.  So I will leave it up to the admins whether this counts for It Belongs in a Museum

It Belongs in a Museum submission

UO0GXuL.jpg

YtxCtqv.jpg

Revision to New and Improved.  This one might be another iffy one.  This is a picture of the back of my Sega Master system with a little switch.  This switch runs to an FM sound board that I installed many years ago.  FM sound was only available in Japan so we never go to enjoy it here until Tim Worthington developed a board that could be installed in US and PAL Master Systems.  The switch on the back allows you to change between the original PSG sound and FM sound. 

Here is an interesting bit of trivia:  While FM sound wasn't available outside of Japan, there were a few US exclusive games that had FM sound options.  That means that for many years, there were games that offered optional sound that was impossible to listen to until these mods became available.  

New and Improved re-submission

AmFkaMx.jpg

I completed Resident Evil 2 on the N64 for the "Beat Every N64 Game - 2022."  I've updated that thread as well.  I was happy to help get them one step closer to completion.  

NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOUUR submission.

ObyWomF.jpg

This one should complete my Bingo.  I was having trouble coming up with good ideas for a glamour shot, so I decided to go with a shot of my childhood NES along with both of my sons childhood Nintendo toys.  Hopefully this meets the requirements.  

Glamour Shot submission

qHfAQPs.jpg

Two new BINGOs, well done @Jicsan & @TDIRunner! As always though, keep it up if you can, no reason to stop there, still got a couple more days before the end of the event!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Well @ZeldaFreak, if my last submission counts, I should have a bingo!

spacer.png

Ah, yup, you must've submitted that as I was tallying everyone up, ANOTHER new BINGO, well done! Only one away from a cross, you'd be the first to accomplish that!

Although, with all that said, another quick status update: STILL not a SINGLE person has gotten ANY of the secret charms! Keep it up you guys, would be a shame if the event ended with nobody getting any of them, haha.