IGNORED

WTB: Nintendo Z Bag Hard Case ($200*?), Nintendo Pepsi Promo Items

Mega Tank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've got nothing to show, but I recall asking a while ago about an empty Pepsi 12-pack box that had Mario Branding (I think it was Christmasy, but I can't really recall.)  Anyway, the empty box went for over $40 on an eBay auction.  At the time, I was shocked at the price. I know people love Mario and collecting oddities, but even that surprised me.  I guess I'm still a little surprised but I must concede it was a nice looking box (for a soda box.)

3 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, I've got nothing to show, but I recall asking a while ago about an empty Pepsi 12-pack box that had Mario Branding (I think it was Christmasy, but I can't really recall.)  Anyway, the empty box went for over $40 on an eBay auction.  At the time, I was shocked at the price. I know people love Mario and collecting oddities, but even that surprised me.  I guess I'm still a little surprised but I must concede it was a nice looking box (for a soda box.)

Thanks for the information. There is a bunch of marketing stuff for this. One day I will get around to doing the scans of what I have that shows these items. 🙂

Edited by Mega Tank

1 hour ago, Bubbapauls said:

I have one piece of Pepsi promo stuff. It is just a piece of a bigger display I think. Not looking to sell but thought you might like to see it and maybe know something about it. It’s just a cardboard cutout.

199292F2-07C5-469D-B2DC-BAA419A79688.thumb.jpeg.653812aa129d21b94b0daee267a18dc7.jpeg

What are the dimensions?

The only things that have that looks similar to it are these 3 items. One of which is not even a product for display, it is just the cover of the merchandise folder.

20200404_235607.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

What are the dimensions?

The only things that have that looks similar to it are these 3 items. One of which is not even a product for display, it is just the cover of the merchandise folder.

7" Tall x 6 3/4" Wide

It's fairly small and the back of it is black. There was hot glue on the back of it too. The guy I got it from had several of them. That's about all I know about it.

8 minutes ago, Bubbapauls said:

7" Tall x 6 3/4" Wide

It's fairly small and the back of it is black. There was hot glue on the back of it too. The guy I got it from had several of them. That's about all I know about it.

I find it interesting that Yoshi doesn't have the bow like the ones in the pics I posted. In the majority, if not all of the promotional pictures, even the ones for other items, Yoshi always has the bow. The items they did give away, don't have antlers, bow etc, it would just be regular Mario and Yoshi.

16 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I find it interesting that Yoshi doesn't have the bow like the ones in the pics I posted. In the majority, if not all of the promotional pictures, even the ones for other items, Yoshi always has the bow. The items they did give away, don't have antlers, bow etc, it would just be regular Mario and Yoshi.

That lot of them @8-bit_boice had is all I've ever seen. Maybe he has some more info on where they came from. 

10 hours ago, 8-bit_boice said:

I got them all from an ex-NoA employee. They were mixed in with a bunch of promo buttons. No idea what they actually came off of.

Do you by chance have anything left?

I don't doubt the item is real. I just find it interesting it is different. I wonder what their use was.

8 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Do you by chance have anything left?

I don't doubt the item is real. I just find it interesting it is different. I wonder what their use was.

I just have one that I kept for myself. I know I sent @Bubbapauls one and I think @Penguin possibly and maybe @NintendoTwizer. It's been so long I can't remember. To me they just looked like something that was glued on to some other random Pepsi/Mario Christmas display. I think I had maybe 5-10 of them total and every one of them had marks on the back where they looked like they were glued to something and pulled off.