IGNORED

OG XBOX - Big Box Dai Senryaku VII w/ model helicopter!

OptOut

I wasn't sure whether to post this in recent pick-ups or actually make a separate thread, but I think this is cool and unusual enough for its own thread, and there's nothing else online about it, so here we go!

This is the Japanese version of Dai Senryaku VII, a long running war strategy game, for OG XBOX.

IMG20221004133048.thumb.jpg.880345fcc754c4b6fc997b32163c0581.jpg

It's unusual, however, because this is a big box version that comes with a little model Helicopter from the game!

IMG20221004133059.thumb.jpg.1322dde66b306d8cbec6b137ef8026a5.jpg

IMG20221004133212.jpg.bac6ba830af29d18c86db1c54715e8eb.jpg

I've searched around a little in the usual places and found no mention of this Big Box version. None of the US copies on eBay come with it, so I presume this was a limited, Japanese exclusive release!

IMG20221004133347.jpg.1ac0a86b4c424d7dcea5d447a13d4aaf.jpg

The model itself is packaged in its own little blister pack with a little black and white leaflet, and more branding on the back.

IMG20221004133401.jpg.19028852d2f438d023c6d0faacd1e78b.jpg

And, so far this is basically all I know! I've seen other Japanese copies of the game for sale, but never the Big Box, only the game, and I have no idea how many of these were produced or whether there are other models in the set or if different boxes came with different vehicles, but I KNEW I had to have it as soon as I saw it! 😄

Obligatory tags for XBOX peeps: @drxandy @360collector @fcgamer @Avgn Gamer @spacepup

Edited by OptOut
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

Nice find Opt!  Hopefully you got a decent price - I usually see that one for somewhere around $100 USD, so if you got it much cheaper, I think you got a good deal!

This is the WTM (World Tank Museum) Daisenryaku Edition (WTM大戦略エディション) or WTM Grand Strategy Edition.  I believe initial copies of the game were released this way, and the barcode on the box should match the barcode on the case which is what most believe to be the standard edition.

This is a collaboration with the World Tank Museum series.  You can see some info here (rough translation)

daisenryaku.png

Nice find! Most copies out there now don't have the outer box or bonus figure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Nice find Opt!  Hopefully you got a decent price - I usually see that one for somewhere around $100 USD, so if you got it much cheaper, I think you got a good deal!

This is the WTM (World Tank Museum) Daisenryaku Edition (WTM大戦略エディション) or WTM Grand Strategy Edition.  I believe initial copies of the game were released this way, and the barcode on the box should match the barcode on the case which is what most believe to be the standard edition.

This is a collaboration with the World Tank Museum series.  You can see some info here (rough translation)

daisenryaku.png

Oh that's awesome! So I guess a ton of these lost the box and toy along the way, huh? I wonder how many copies they made of this addition, as opposed to the standard edition without the box?

Also, yes... Rest assured I got this for a despicably low price...🤑

6 hours ago, 360collector said:

wow that is really cool, never seen this before. Do you know other games that came with models? I have the sfc mini scorpion game with a car model kit

Strangely enough I have that game, in the big box, but I'm missing the actual car kit itself! Perhaps I should try and find the kit to add to my box on that!

However I DO actually have a complete big box version of Choro Q (Penny Racers) for N64, which comes with a little model car kit.

image.png.401c27242483d6e841c3a0268d858205.png

Maybe we should start a list of games that come with toy models, looks like there's more than you'd expect, lol! 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, spacepup said:

daisenryaku.png

This is what I was talking about in the "bonus figurines" thread. Thanks for the info!