IGNORED

Lynda's eBay Vacation 2022: A Yearly Tradition! (Updates Until March 1st, 2023)

Lynda Monica

I've mentioned it to a few people on the site, but I've learned to just quit eBay during October every year. Canada Post always falls behind during the holidays, and tons of mistakes start happening the busier it gets. During November and December is when parcels simply don't show up due to post office mayhem, and I've had enough frustrating experiences during those months to know it's not even worth trying.

The first of October is always my cut off date for ordering things, and I don't start using the site again until the first of March when things have settled down. This means October is a month that I save money for, as it's the last chance that I can pick up things I really want before I'm restricted to shopping locally. It's a fun thing to do, and I thought I'd document it this year since I'm on this site. ☺️

Whenever a game shows up from this last blast of eBay shopping, I'll post it in this thread. There will likely be a lot of back to back posting as a result, but hopefully people will follow along. Once all of the parcels arrive, I'll then document the following months of shopping locally. The thread will be over once March arrives, and I'll return to the big group thread! 🙂

eBay ordering cut off date! : October 1st, 2022! Five days remain!

The first arrival is Natsume's Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. This game has very mixed opinions amongst fans of the series, but I adore it. If you enjoy slice of life anime, this is something you'll really enjoy. Rune Factory Tides of Destiny is a very laid back anime RPG with lovable characters, and lots of menial chores and tasks. If that makes the scenery behind you turn pink while you close your eyes, then you'll love this game. If such a thing makes you sneer as you hunch over and droop your arm, then you won't like this game.

1603664585_RuneFactoryTidesofDestiny.png.1e18ccd3b15e9ba2a881b02b2e738627.png

The games will likely be coming in fast, so keep an eye out every day! Follow along on my eBay vacation, and consider going on one yourself this holiday season. It has the added bonus of putting less strain on the post office, so help out your fellow shoppers and take a little vacation. 🙂

See you in the next update!

• Like 2

Only a few days left! Though I've ordered everything I'm going to at this point. Some new arrivals from today!

934860444_NewWiiGames.png.c57cd941ae26253d0454f62e58f663fb.png

I've never played Skyward Sword before, and to this day I know next to nothing about it. I know people weren't fans of it, and I know about Fi and Ghirahim, but not anything about them when it comes to the plot. I never played it back when it came out as funds were a lot tighter back then, and I could never justify a full priced game that needed a new controller.

Octomania is another case of "every dog has its day", as noted garbage publisher Conspiracy Entertainment put out a real game in 2008. It's a port of a Compile Heart arcade game, and it's pretty fun! It's not some glorious lost classic seeing as how it's just a puzzle game, but it's cute and challenging at the same time. Classic stuff. 🙂

Lastly there's the reboot of A Boy and His Blob, made by Wayforward back when they were good. This version of A Boy and His Blob takes the transformation mechanics of the first two games, but changes the open world structure into a mission based one. There are three treasures in each stage, and collecting all three in every level is where this game really shines. There's also some boss fights, but they were pretty terrible to be honest. Overall this game is great though, and one of the last Wayforward games that meant anything to me. (Mighty Milky Way being the last one I liked)

See you in the next update!

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 3

Well that long weekend was a total bother, but getting a day off is the price to pay for no mail. I made good use of that day off and reorganized my bedroom though. I finally got rid of a gigantic desk that's been taking up space, but MAN was it a bitch to haul downstairs and out to the car. My back was a total mess the next day because of it, but I didn't get to the point where I completely wrecked it.

Thankfully there was mail today, and a bunch of stuff showed up!

1745164165_CallingWii.png.b24f1bebea4ab5acae14cf789fcd5bef.png

Calling was one of the last Hudson games I wanted for the Wii, so now I'm only missing some sequels to their other games. A concept trailer for this game was leaked to Youtube prior to its release, and that video was way scarier than what the game ended up as. Sadly the video was quickly removed, and has never resurfaced anywhere.

I decided to skip the game when it came out, but now I'm finally going to play it this October. Hudson of all people making a horror game should be interesting.

292621796_CursedMountainWii.png.fea0302aa2cf940f67085642e2d7377c.png

Cursed Mountain is another horror game I picked up for October, but I honestly know nothing about it. All I know is that it's a very underground cult classic, and people who like the game swear it's an underrated gem.

752799823_DeBlob2Wii.png.cf9827fa956b17e5ad1de9436723d8c2.png

De Blob 2 is a game I've always been curious about after how much wasted potential the first game was. De Blob 2 supposedly fixed all of the issues with the original game, so I'm anxious to play it. Unfortunately the copy I ordered is scratched to hell and doesn't work, so I'll probably be waiting a while. -___-

811754395_WeLoveGolfWii.png.b89f53e514f9c00c63c347f586e733b1.png

Between the original Hot Shots Golf, Mario Golf, and We Love Golf, Camelot sure gets commissioned to make golf games a lot. This version looks pretty great though, and I'm happy to see a Camelot golf game without Mario characters that I didn't know about. I do have to wonder why Capcom felt it was a priority to put out a Wii exclusive golf game though. Capcom and Konami supported the Wii surprisingly well with exclusives, and I've never quite understood why.

That's all for me this time! 👋

• Like 1

Three more arrivals for today!

369360089_PopnMusicWii.png.e3f6ac5da4525b9f8284f1f624823c3f.png

Rhythm games were a big deal in the 2000s, and almost every major publisher put one out for the Wii. Konami put out several, but "Pop 'n' Music" is the most interesting of the bunch. The Pop 'n' Music games had been around in Japan since the late 90s, but had never seen a release in the US until this one. Unfortunately this version of Pop 'n' Music wasn't going to win anyone over, and it didn't help that the rhythm genre was dying by the time it finally got localized.

As flawed as this game is though, I'm really happy that it exists. Pop 'n' Music did eventually see a localization, even if it's not a great representation of the series. A worthy curio.

264677659_TheKoreGangWii.png.9f7e2b43e56b68d92ceb3b59dfb6ce8d.png

I remember reading about this game back when it was supposed to come out for the original Xbox, and I thought it looked cool. I was considering buying an Xbox at the time to play it, but then news on the game stopped entirely. I gave up hope of it ever coming out, and eventually forgot about it.

Imagine my surprise when I found out recently that it came out as a Wii exclusive. Somehow its late life cycle release slipped by without me noticing, but it's cool to know that it finally came out after TEN YEARS in development hell.

1168750252_DominoRallyWii.png.9785e00f5d5d193734ffa8c6d60570a1.png

I've been trying to find out if every publisher that released a Wii game put out at least ONE game that's actually cool. While I can already confirm that's not the case, I was surprised to see that UFO published a couple of neat games. Domino Rally is a ridiculously silly Wii exclusive, and is worth checking out if you love these little obscure gems. It's an extremely short game, but it's one that will stick with you.

• Like 1

Four more arrivals today! Keep in mind I save up for this all year round, so this is the biggest shopping spree I go on during the year. There are still six games in the mail for me, and once I leave feedback on them I'm officially off of eBay until March 1st. The cut-off date for ordering has already come and gone, so I'm just waiting for the rest to arrive.

820987681_IvytheKiwiWii.png.b566142367aa55d27a185ffb92361e38.png

Repurchasing Ivy the Kiwi was a bit of a bummer, seeing as how I was one of the few people who was excited for it when it came out. It was originally a twenty dollar budget title, but these days it's pretty expensive to buy. It's one of my all time favourite Wii games though, and is superior to the DS version is every single way. Absolutely thrilled to get this one back.

903352953_SonicColorWii.png.32e2b6ba90f2094c01fc4b739ae22dda.png

Sonic Colors came out about a year after I got into Sonic, and it was everything I could have wanted from the series. The cast and tone of "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" cartoon, (Orbot and Cubot standing in for Scratch and Grounder) and the boost gameplay of the Rush series. It was so unbelievably perfect that they've been unable to top it, and in my eyes it's where the series straight up ends. I have no desire to ever buy a new Sonic game, as they already made the best one they'll ever make. Colours is everything I could have possibly wanted out of the series, and is one of the greatest Wii games of all time. I'm going to boot it up tonight and replay the whole game in one sitting, and it's going to be just as great as it was back in the day. ❤️

1451079272_OrderUpWii.png.5490acec7b0b1f0103bf4ab5dc7afc03.png

Order Up is a cooking game that got a lot of attention, but never quite saw the success it should have gotten. I don't have a ton to say about it as it's still a cooking game at the end of the day, but it's an extremely good one. I don't think it should get as much praise as it always seems to get, but it's a worthwhile Wii purchase. It's also been ported to a few other systems, so you have options. 🙂

1742646762_Conduit2Wii.png.3ca29751f6452d5af64e1ec6733c73d6.png

Lastly there's "Conduit 2", which will always annoy shelf organizers who want to place it next to the original game called "THE Conduit". I honestly don't remember a lot about the Conduit games, but I remember I played through all of the second game and enjoyed it. It was a surprisingly forgettable experience, but I remember it being a fun FPS. Maybe I'll think better of it this time around.

Six more games left to arrive, and then I'll be taking a break from shopping. I'll be documenting the next few months of brick and mortar game shopping in here, so the thread's not over yet!

• Like 1

On my way home from work I decided to go to the game store, since I'm not using eBay at this point. Part of what makes this so fun every year is that I live near three really good game stores, and it's amazing what you can find when you restrict yourself to them. Stuff does show up if you wait, and fifty dollars brought this bad boy home!

765282211_DanceDanceHottestSealedBigBox.png.99d242d7b662e87acca73517dca0b5bf.png
SEALED!!

429332818_DanceDanceHottestBigBoxCorner.png.ae0f796db8dbadfd70b4d0b855c41f25.png
Check out those corners! These boxes are always beat to hell, so to see one like this is wild.

1274959660_DanceDanceHottestBigBoxOpened.png.4745a6696e4ac3b707ae2e69fb73407c.png
The case was also sealed, but didn't have the manual inside. The manual was actually loose inside the big box, so keep that in mind if you want your set as authentically packed as possible. 🙂

1089424327_DanceDanceHottestInserts.png.59c632500d92f85a9b3887450bf866fb.png

1352339469_DanceDanceHottestDanceMat.png.32909e54062adb5b93e821466b86863a.png
This is the dance mat, which I haven't unfolded yet. I plan to take step by step photos on how to fold it up so I can re-pack it all safely. Later tonight I'll include those photos in the thread so you all know how to fold yours up! This side faces down in the box. 🙂

As for the game itself, I've only played Dance Dance Revolution once in my life at an arcade for about twenty seconds. I was completely embarrassed as onlookers watched me not know how to play, and I climbed off the stage almost immediately. It wasn't one of my proudest moments. XD

PRETEND THIS WAS ME. I TOTALLY DID THIS WELL AND WAS JUST AS HOT.

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 1