IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Best of the Best!

BeaIank

I've read the manual, had a good look at the Nes Faq, watched some videos and played more training and matches  than someone without any masochistic tendencies whatsoever would bother to play.  

Maybe we could just videotape ourselves doing something slightly less torturous, like walking across hot coals or chomping down some broken glass?

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

There must be a way to cheese this game. I'm surprised someone hasn't figured it out and beaten it already.

The game won't even let you use the same move three times in a row with out pausing the match. You can sweep the legs of your opponent, but it does no good since it pauses the match so he can get back up. It's almost like some strange game of paper rock scissors or you have to counter their move with the corresponding move just to land a hit.

1 hour ago, PII said:

I've read the manual, had a good look at the Nes Faq, watched some videos and played more training and matches  than someone without any masochistic tendencies whatsoever would bother to play.  

Maybe we could just videotape ourselves doing something slightly less torturous, like walking across hot coals or chomping down some broken glass?

There's a long play on YouTube that's literally two hours long. The guy who recorded that video likely powered off his NES, curled up in a ball on the floor slowly rocking back and forth muttering "I'm the best of the best" before being committed to an insane asylum as a result of his eventual descent into madness from playing this game all the way through.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finally did it after about 50 tries. Now I don't have to play this ever again.

Until the next time @BeaIank gets her sadistic streak going 😛

Actually, I kinda dig it...I'd dig it more if I could figure out how the fighting works (perused a manual scan and that did nothing to help), but it's kinda okay.  I think the key is training the shit out of your guy, but that's so damn boring 😛

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

Until the next time @BeaIank gets her sadistic streak going 😛

Actually, I kinda dig it...I'd dig it more if I could figure out how the fighting works (perused a manual scan and that did nothing to help), but it's kinda okay.  I think the key is training the shit out of your guy, but that's so damn boring 😛

It might be passable if I could get the moves down, but this has to be one of the least fun NES games that I've ever played. 

Beat: Tsong Po, Woodman, Leblanc, Watanabe, Ivanoff [ The Bear & Puncher In Kumate Rounds ] And Lord

Cash: $925,000

Stats: 297

Got K.O.'d By Ivanoff    (beat Tsong Po, Woodman, Le Blanc, Watanabe)       $85,000       Stats: 164       [obsolete]

Edited by PII

Holy crap, I just discovered that the A and B buttons aren't used 😮  All strikes are done by the D-Pad ONLY.  The A and B buttons are only used for menu options, and the A button in training.  That's a bit of a game changer for me...definitely less mashing gonna happen 😛

EDIT: Okay, that's not 100% true.  The D-pad left and right move you, but you can hit A to attack with the forward and backward movement. And for some reason the down button does nothing unless you press A.  But every other move does NOT require the A button.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Wow! 1