IGNORED

Frank the Fruit Fly (Game Boy)

Gamegearguy

I'm working on a game for the Game Boy called "Frank the Fruit Fly."

Right now I'm working on the middle of level 3. I plan to have 6 levels + ending, so I'm about one-third of the way done. I'd like to know how I'm doing, so I set up a little webpage with controls and a ROM download. The game saves your progress, but only if you press Select to save it. Then you can turn off your Game Boy, turn it back on again, choose "continue," and you'll be right where you left off. You can check on the progress on the official Frank the Fruit Fly website: http://atari2600land.com/gameboy/ftff.html.

So if you get a chance, download the game, and let me know how I'm doing.

• 1 month later...

I'll actually try to download this and give it a try at some point.  I've casually checked out your work you've posted over the years on your blog.  I love what I see.

Ok, really dumb question for someone who just claimed  (haha) to follow your work--what do you write your GB and GG games in and make your art in?  You use any trackers too?

I use GBDK for Game Boy games. I draw the art in Photoshop and then use a program called Game Boy Tile Generator to convert it to Game Boy code. I use a tracker called hUGE Tracker. For Game Gear, I use ConText. I set it up a long time ago so I forget what I use to compile the game. I just press F9 and it does it automatically. I use C for Game Boy and asm for Game Gear. I know it sounds weird, but I learned Game Gear first and there was no C compiler, so I had to learn asm. For Game Boy, there is a C compiler, so it was much easier.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...