IGNORED

Can anyone confirm if this has been resealed or not?

Fable

48 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Wait, I think this is a PC game. 

I do see how you'd think it's a Jaguar game though!

Yeah it’s a PC game done back in the late ‘90s. I believe there were two big box versions produced with this title in English. One is with a plastic seal at the top, and I believe the second is with shrink wrap. I have nothing to compare it to since the rest of the sealed ones that I’ve found are the plastic seal versions.

How does the box look under the shrinkwrap?  It's hard to tell if it's glare or damaged, but do the edges look like they have wear?  Is there shelfware on any flat sides?  Obviously a game can become crushed, but unless there's visible dust underneath shrink wrap, any wear probably happened after it was unwrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that big box PC game sealing is a whole different world than console video games.  The same standards / expectations do not apply.

The indicators that RH pointed out are going to be your best bet.

edit:  My sealed Jaguar games do kinda look like that too. 🙂

Edited by dogbowl

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:22 AM, RH said:

How does the box look under the shrinkwrap?  It's hard to tell if it's glare or damaged, but do the edges look like they have wear?  Is there shelfware on any flat sides?  Obviously a game can become crushed, but unless there's visible dust underneath shrink wrap, any wear probably happened after it was unwrapped.

Old thread, I know, but wanted to mention that games whose wrap have large vent holes can end up with debris under the wrap. Have had many games come my way like this - stored in dusty boxes for 10-30 years with debris under the wrap. Obviously if there aren't any vent holes this is a red flag but always good to remember to examine a game holistically. 

4 hours ago, dr_orangejuicer said:

Old thread, I know, but wanted to mention that games whose wrap have large vent holes can end up with debris under the wrap. Have had many games come my way like this - stored in dusty boxes for 10-30 years with debris under the wrap. Obviously if there aren't any vent holes this is a red flag but always good to remember to examine a game holistically. 

I’m less worried about the dust coming  in from the vent holes and personally I look to see if there are scuffed around the edges or if there is NOT dust.  If you look at stuff like this enough, you can kind of tell if something has wear under plastic because something is between the plastic and the item vs. very minimal shelf-wear of an item that was resealed.

You’re not wrong but there is a difference in the type of wear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

I’m less worried about the dust coming  in from the vent holes and personally I look to see if there are scuffed around the edges or if there is NOT dust.  If you look at stuff like this enough, you can kind of tell if something has wear under plastic because something is between the plastic and the item vs. very minimal shelf-wear of an item that was resealed.

You’re not wrong but there is a difference in the type of wear.

Yeah, didn't mean to dispute, just wanted to add a footnote. 😄 Agreed on all counts.