IGNORED

Mahjong Hong Kong NES

amelia

For things that don’t really have sales trails it’s pretty much what you are comfortable taking and what someone is comfortable paying. If you $0.01 action it on eBay you do have a chance that some serious collectors may miss out on it but it is usually a good indicator of the market. I can vouch for @Code Monkey though, if he is interested he won’t try and nickel and dime you, he’ll give you fair value as most people on here would. It’s a niche item too as a reminder, I have a complete NES set minus SE and loads of homebrews and I could give a f_ck about some rare Hong Kong game. The point is rare item yes, but not something everyone will fight over lol

Really cool to see though as I’ve heard people on here mention it and I wish you luck with your sale. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

It's one of the "true" rares, but even still, I'd reckon that there's a bunch in collectors' hands over in Hong Kong, locked away making it seem rarer than it is.

Even still, it's arguably the rarest licensed NES game aside from nwcs, etc.

Set a higher price, let people negotiate you down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hmm, thanks for all the input! Might have to make a sales post for it here later on then, just kind of curious logistics wise for higher value items, as I've never sold anything at this potential value - for a private sale I'd assume something like an escrow to be used? Or is it mostly just eBay/PayPal? From what I saw looking around the escrow fees would be lower than eBay's at least. Hope this is an OK question to ask, new to this in general.

57 minutes ago, amelia said:

Hmm, thanks for all the input! Might have to make a sales post for it here later on then, just kind of curious logistics wise for higher value items, as I've never sold anything at this potential value - for a private sale I'd assume something like an escrow to be used? Or is it mostly just eBay/PayPal? From what I saw looking around the escrow fees would be lower than eBay's at least. Hope this is an OK question to ask, new to this in general.

Here is a great place to start, but there's also the "High End Game Room" group on Facebook. Also, my buddy @DefaultGen would love a copy of this game just to dangle it in front of my face all day.

Also, realistically despite the fact that this game IS the rarest Licensed NES game, there aren't a lot of hunters for it.

If I were to put a price tag on it, I'd be in the ballpark of $1,500 - $2500 for the cartridge, and about $5,000-$10,000 for a CIB copy. It's a very valuable game, but I doubt we're talking something that would justify an escrow service.

Though, I could be wrong! This game hasn't popped up in years afterall.

42 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Here is a great place to start, but there's also the "High End Game Room" group on Facebook. Also, my buddy @DefaultGen would love a copy of this game just to dangle it in front of my face all day.

Also, realistically despite the fact that this game IS the rarest Licensed NES game, there aren't a lot of hunters for it.

If I were to put a price tag on it, I'd be in the ballpark of $1,500 - $2500 for the cartridge, and about $5,000-$10,000 for a CIB copy. It's a very valuable game, but I doubt we're talking something that would justify an escrow service.

Though, I could be wrong! This game hasn't popped up in years afterall.

I was gonna say like $3k bc it hasn’t popped up in so long but since it hasn’t popped up in awhile you could really ask any amount I guess. Just gotta have the buyer for it lol

I do agree that it’s not an escrow type transaction. PayPal good and services for sure. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, amelia said:

I would give you $1500 for it today and I would pay you however makes you feel safe. PayPal gives you protection up to $10,000 but they will take 3% of the sale.

Sounds like there are people here that will vouch for me and my collection but this is one I've been missing for a while. I could also fly out to pick it up depending on location as well, I did that for another game earlier this year.

Post around on different forums and social thingies and see what kind of offers you get. Though in that condition, I expect most of those who want one will pass. They're probably fine with a loose copy, but in good condition.

Last one I heard of that sold was on NintendoAge, from an Italian guy, but I can't remember the price. Besides, general prices had a big erection since then, so it doesn't matter much.

• Haha 1

I used to hunt for this thing religiously. Ray Bot had it on his 3/5 screw list on NA, that's how long I'd been looking for it. When I was in Japan, I asked every store I went in to about it. Guy had one for sale a couple years ago and turned down what I consider an obscene offer, then came back and I'd cooled and we couldn't agree on a price after I bought something else.

I'd moved on, thinking it'd never happen, but I'd pay $1000 for it right now. That's two public prices for you.

Edited by Ferris Bueller

I wouldn’t even try to price it. Just promote it and auction it or Dutch Auction it by putting a sky high BIN and slowly lowering it. It’s been too long without a sale and even niche old timer shelf collector crap like Stadium Events, Myriad, Cheetahmen, and Panesians has more or less doubled in the past couple years. No one knows what it’s worth so if you come up with a price it’s probably going to be wrong.

Is it moldy though? Probably want to clean that up 😣

You'd be a fool to take any offer on this.  There's no established price and lots of NES collectors have very deep pockets.  If all you care about is money, do the following: first, clean it up so it looks nice and pretty and take a whole bunch of pictures from every angle.  Next, throw it on eBay for one cent open auction.  And finally, advertise your auction anywhere game collectors can be found, like this forum right here.  The way eBay works, you will only need two guys to really want this at the same time, and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 12:37 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

You'd be a fool to take any offer on this.  There's no established price and lots of NES collectors have very deep pockets.  If all you care about is money, do the following: first, clean it up so it looks nice and pretty and take a whole bunch of pictures from every angle.  Next, throw it on eBay for one cent open auction.  And finally, advertise your auction anywhere game collectors can be found, like this forum right here.  The way eBay works, you will only need two guys to really want this at the same time, and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank...

yes! stick it to the pm’s.