IGNORED

Friendly reminder...

14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Imagine collecting cart only. 

I chased a full cart set, then inevitably went after cib...it's whatever.  Either is fine by me just file them in the appropriate facing manner, like a library book, or any other form of physical media on this planet. 🙂

Edited by 8bitsupremacy

Homebrew Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I'm way too OCD just to randomly throw carts on a shelf. I liked being able to find what I want without having to sort through random rows of carts.

I thought the meme was about where the grip is, top or bottom, not about organization.  

• Thanks 1

So is the issue here being not on A-Z but A-Z within an A-Z in publishers? I never understood the insanity in making things out of order in another order to create disorder.  A-Z is just the way to go if you want to find it fast as it's kind of crazy trying to recall which publisher had what and when to then find that, then go looking more so for the right title.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So is the issue here being not on A-Z but A-Z within an A-Z in publishers? I never understood the insanity in making things out of order in another order to create disorder.  A-Z is just the way to go if you want to find it fast as it's kind of crazy trying to recall which publisher had what and when to then find that, then go looking more so for the right title.

Finally! Someone understands my process! Good to see you back BTW!

Thanks, and no problem?  I never really imagined why someone would do it the other way but I've seen it brought up.  I mean sure if you're so neck deep you can immediately recall who the publisher was on some obscure game then great, have at it.  But for the majority, nothing is faster than A-Z.

I've got these large pro-pak shelves years ago when I was on NA and back west I could have filled and stacked on top with games, and as they're for media they're only CD/DVD deep wood shelves so I like that picture do them that way.   But as I'm kind of OCD nutty about lame stickers (new, rental, etc) junk on carts my N64 games are un-viewable as they're standing sideways like the rest so A-Z is the only way to find what I need.  I just leave a tiny gap so I can crack it slightly to get a finger in there and see and it works, same with SNES too as there's little height clearance there as well (famicom too now that I look.)  I probably could take a pic but I doubt anyone would care in the end.

27 minutes ago, 8bitsupremacy said:

I guess I didn't think this meme would trigger a different discussion about alphabetization when I arbitrarily grabbed pics from google.  Just to clarify I was half-jokingly making a statement on the way the carts face on a shelf and that's all.

Yeah sure. Supremacist. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, 8bitsupremacy said:

Correct.  It's about having all the spines facing in a way where you need to tilt your head to the right.

See to me the top picture is the correct way. And is the way all inventory in any store Ive worked in is turned. We read left to right and top to bottom so it makes sense that when reading the row from the left for your eyes to come "top down" the label as if it were stacked vertically. The bottom way that is depicted your eyes go from "bottom up" which just seems weird to me

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

See to me the top picture is the correct way. And is the way all inventory in any store Ive worked in is turned. We read left to right and top to bottom so it makes sense that when reading the row from the left for your eyes to come "top down" the label as if it were stacked vertically. The bottom way that is depicted your eyes go from "bottom up" which just seems weird to me

Little%20Free%20Library%20%28Detail%29.jpeg